Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Religious Holidays in School

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

Religious Holidays in School

TAMPA - There may be no day off next school year for the Jewish holiday of Yom Kippur. Also on the chopping block are vacation days for the Christian faith's Good Friday and the Monday after Easter.

After considering a request to recognize a Muslim school holiday, the Hillsborough County School Board next week will discuss ending student days off on all religious holidays, whether they be Christian, Jewish or Muslim.

The only religious holiday not affected will be Christmas, which occurs during the school district's winter break.
    Well, this is what is happening in my community. Do you think this is right? My mother said this is completely wrong. That this is America and that if you dont like the rules go live somewhere else.

So tell me, do you stand by Muslims in saying that they deserve a day off for their holidays. Or should we just say no to all religous holidays with an exception?

Or better yet, not have a muslim holiday at all? And I'm talking about in school's if you didnt know.

More info:http://www.sptimes.com/2005/10/07/Hi...rop_reli.shtml
    Seduced by Flesh

Otaku Vaines may be famous one day Vaines may be famous one day Vaines's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Religious Holidays in School

First thing, one thing's true: if all the religions' holidays (buddhism, islam, christian, etc) became real, there would be somewhat too many holidays and too differently separated to have a properly organised year of work/school/uni. However I personally believe that if a rather important percentage of the population is made of people with that belief system, that at least their biggest holidays should be taken in consideration, especially in areas where these people are the most.

However, where I live (in Europe) in the schools i know we have the holidays of almost all the beliefs (but the rarest such as mine which is Buddhism), and things are going rather smoothly.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

It was wrong, I bet the alcu had there hand in it.

They should make room for hollidays of all faiths. They made a special holliday for blacks, so why not muslims, christain and jewish ppl?

If i was your mom id put you in a new school if possiable.

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

I feel that whatever group of students is the majority at the school should define what holidays shall be had. We all enjoy a day off from here and there, whether we celebrate the cause of not. Though since most schools are dominated by christians, it would be no surprise to me that the holidays would coincide with that. But isn't that already the case? Why do you think winter break is centered around Christmas?

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frr_vegeta
    I feel that whatever group of students is the majority at the school should define what holidays shall be had.
    Spoken like a true Commie.

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

The worst part of the whole ordeal is the fact that once again the Muslim population is being targeted. People are blaming the Muslims for taking away their holiday, despite it not being their fault.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it would be great to add a Muslim holiday to schools.

Just think of the opportunity to learn about it.

So they add another day of school onto the end of the school year. Big deal.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Newbie Koketsu may be famous one day Koketsu may be famous one day Koketsu's Avatar
    Thanks

it's eed 2day, or i dunno how to spell it though

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast