Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Remaking Old Movies

Dear Prudence JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Remaking Old Movies

I think its awsome that they are Remaking.....Cuz all the older ones are boring (Exeptions tho) and The new ones are Awsome.....But seriously...It's frickin hard to come up with sumthin new when Theres like Nuthin new to think about or make............

Thanks Pyroo. :]

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

I like the new remakes. most of the oldies are better than the junk they come up with nowadays anyway, don't poke fun, embrace it!

Though some remakes are disappointments in comparsion to their predicessors, others surpass them. Depends on how well they do it I guess.

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zui Quan
    OK, the live-action Street Fighter movie was total shit of the highest order. A remake (although in the works) is a bad idea. Also, you can't keep the same actors. Raul Julia, who played Bison, is dead.
    Replace him with Hayden Christensen, another evil role for him, haha!

Anti syndicate spike spiegel may be famous one day spike spiegel may be famous one day spike spiegel's Avatar
    Thanks

yes the only good movies that they still show are the godzilla movies on the sci fi
    channel.

"I let all that kind of blood away" Thanks Viper

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Starspirit
    Is it me? Or Is the Movie Industry running out of ideas for new movies. Like for example: AeonFlux, KingKong...

And how does everyone feel about this? I think they do this before Christmas to get as much raise they possibly can, kinda genius.
    I agree.............on this, totally. I do think that they are running out of ideas............but there are billions waiting to be discovered. However, I do think that remaking old movies is pretty amazing because for those who haven't seen the old ones, this will provide a chance to see them in a new version.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

Some remakes are just fine, for instance.... John Carpenter's The Thing is widely embraced as being better than the original. Same goes for Brian Depalma's Scarface, vastly superior to the original. So with that being said i don't hate remakes, but back then they were less frequent...and weren't made just to cash in on a quick buck. It's a different story nowadays though.

Otaku QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames's Avatar
    Thanks

I have to agree. It's happening more often, remakes I mean.

However, the only thing that I can say to support the creation of remakes is that it brings the idea of the original movie's plot (or just the idea it presented) to another generation that probably wouldn't have ever watched the orginal to begin with. Then of course, a remake comes out and what do we all hear? 'Oh did you know that's a remake?' In some cases, it invokes a need in the person to see the original for either comparison or curiosity reasons.

All in all though, some remakes can be annoying. I liked both versions of The Time Machine. The plots were different enough that I could take the remake seriously and enjoy it.

Okay, I'm done .^_^.

Newbie Starspirit may be famous one day Starspirit may be famous one day Starspirit's Avatar
    Thanks

There you go, all good points! And yes new versions have captured a new broader audiences because of the new gadgets & techs people are developing. And not because of that, the DVD is much simpler than the VHS, which means less hassle & better view of entertainment.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast