Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Remaking Old Movies

Otaku Stitch may be famous one day Stitch may be famous one day Stitch's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Remaking Old Movies

Some remakes make it, some don't. As stated before, if there wasn't a remake, some people wouldn't even know about the movie. But it wouldn't kill anyone to think of something newer.

There are how many people on this planet, and hollywood can't find a single person with a idea that is at least slightly original, come on...

Don't get me wrong, I do like some remakes.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

I would like to see the remakes of old American classics---------------like Thin Man, and Casablanca.........................

Otaku FallenAngel may be famous one day FallenAngel may be famous one day FallenAngel's Avatar
    Thanks

i was very pissed when i saw Jack Black in king kong... but whatever... i just won't watch the new movie and pop in a tape of the old king kong. a ton of movies have been remade. whatever movie you think is original, has already been made. people don;t like watching movies in black and white, so they basiclly butcher up the story, get actors who can't act and ta da you have a blockbuster.... hollywood is dirty

Otaku Big Money Champion hyuuga13 may be famous one day hyuuga13 may be famous one day hyuuga13's Avatar
    Thanks

i agree that the movie industry is running out of ideas but i also think that there are some movie that are pretty good that are remakes. like phantom os the opera that was a goo one
    Why is everything so ****ing hard for me? Keep me down to what you think I should be! Must you tempt me and provoke the ministry? Keep on trying I'm not dying so easily!

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks

I also agree that the industry is running out of ideas, everybody is on this binge of re-makes and live action versions of anime and such, however it really depends on what it is based on, and come on, though Street Fighter the movie was total shit, it was the most awesome piece of shit out there, I mean even though it is shit, its like a cult movie, a movie where everybody knows it is complete crap, but you just have fun watching it.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

The sad thing about this whole situation is that in actuality, there are plenty of original and innovative ideas swimming around out there. Unfortunately, the major film companies only get a hard on for something that seems profitable... remakes, Video Game films, films based on Comics ect. And as a result of that, many talented filmmakers will go unheard and their work will probably never see the light of day.

AO's Demon Slayer Hexxagon Champion, Match Stick Soccer Champion Blade X may be famous one day Blade X may be famous one day Blade X's Avatar
    Thanks

It's pretty obviuos y they are remaking old movies and turning games into movies although i hope to God tht they dont mess up DMC. Anyone seen the DOA trailer lately?

Thanks for the siggy Ky-lyrra

Otaku Joshua001 may be famous one day Joshua001 may be famous one day Joshua001's Avatar
    Thanks

Its not that they run out of ideas it that they prefer to use ideas that have been done before and succeed then take a chance or someone gets the rights but no funding. I was told that there are tons of movie ideas that never see the light of day because of that. There are many good stories out there just they ithere cant raise the fund or it just crashes for some reason. For instance there is a book that tells a story before the Lord of the Ring series that says hoe the ring was found. It was turned into a cartoon a while ago and was horrible so I doubt that anyone will try to do it. Beyond that new stories like Harry potter are rare to ever be made into movies.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast