Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: renewing? oO (Anime boredom)

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: renewing? oO

Grumble Grumble Grumble

People who suffer from Anime burn-out do so because they are watching the wrong kind of anime... (How many time do you have to see a Giant God Mecha save/destroy the world??? Or how many times can you see a Samurai warrior chop someone's head off to produce a fountain of blood???) But there are so many different genre of anime that are little known, that it's easy to try something different and see if you like it...

There is the Magical Girl genre, as some of the best stories ever told in all of anime are Magical Girl series... (Such as Cardcaptor Sakura)

You have thought provoking Cyberpunk series ('Serial Experiment Lain', and 'Key the Metal Idol)

You have your heavy political agenda anime series (such as the very dark and brutal 'Now and Then, Here and There' and the eco-political 'Earth Maiden Arjuna', and the alternate world history movie 'Jin-Ro, the Wolf Brigrade')

You have your light hearted Battle Android/Big Sister series (such as 'All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku' and the 'Saber Marionettes')

Then you your spoofs/parody series that spoof another genre, but still maintain there own serious story lines (such as 'Martian Successor Nadesico' for Mecha/Space Battleship, 'The Irresponsible Captain Tylor', another Space Battleship spoof, 'Magical Girl Pretty Sammy' which spoofs Magical Girl as well as being a Tenchi Muyo spinoff... 'Jubei-Chan the Ninja Girl' which spoofs both Samurai dorama as well as Middle School Romance series...)

There are many other Anime genre's which aren't mentioned that would make excellent viewing...

And since this thread is a Anime Topic, it's getting moved into the Anime/Manga Forum.... Moving...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: renewing? oO (Anime boredom)

This rarely happens to me since I never have enough time to watch all the anime I want, but I can understand what you mean. I would probably just watch something else and go back to the anime I almost lost interest in. I could never totally loose interest in an anime.

Otaku winryrockbell may be famous one day winryrockbell may be famous one day winryrockbell's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: renewing? oO (Anime boredom)

Well, for me, when I loose interest in an anime, i usually just ferget 'bout it. So I am saying what aceman said.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2