Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Replies in the Gallery

Otaku QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames's Avatar
    Thanks

The Replies in the Gallery

Recently I have noticed that with some of the images I have uploaded in the gallery for feedback have recieved something unexpected rather than feedback. I don't know if I'm the only one this happens to, but I felt that I should at least asks why it is happening.

When I post my work I want feedback, correct? I don't mind getting no comments compared to what I saw today. People rate my work, but don't leave any critique or anything telling me why they rated my work the way they did. If someone gives me a 5, I want to know what I did wrong and not just a blank response.

Why just rate it and leave a blank review? This irked me and I'm sorry if I'm ranting.

I assure you, it is not common for me .^_^.

Thanks a lot in advance for helping me understand what is going on.

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Replies in the Gallery

Its the way the gallery system is set up, how it is coded.

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

you no what... i think we should just do away with the rating system all together.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Otaku fangirl006 may be famous one day fangirl006 may be famous one day fangirl006's Avatar
    Thanks

i don't think we should necessarily remove the rating system all together, because even though critical criticism sucks, we can learn and improove from our mistakes or old drawings that we drew poorly in the past, into nice works of art in the future! ^_^
    "Who's in the forest strolling? The birds and the bees sing Momeji. The frogs in the pond are calling. Momeji yes it's true..."

Otaku Mana may be famous one day Mana may be famous one day Mana's Avatar
    Thanks

Rating helps not only the gallery system but it makes you, the member, feel that you are contributing to the site(not everyone has the programs and talent to submit personal work, ya know? That's why they come here XD). Newcomers as well like the rating and even though it may not really be right it gets them into the jest of things and continues the visits to make frequent members(though we always get duds, eh?) and possibly intelligent feedback from them.

Also you as the artist submitting your pieces have subjected yourself to the rights and terms of agreement that allow people to rate and comment as they so choose. Comments are great and all, but as an artist myself I know there are people with different tastes and sometimes they just don't favor what you personally call 'true hard work'. At least that's how I see it.
    Last edited by Mana; Jul 20, 2005 at 11:50 AM.
    "so i herd u liek mudkips"

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fangirl006
    i don't think we should necessarily remove the rating system all together, because even though critical criticism sucks, we can learn and improove from our mistakes or old drawings that we drew poorly in the past, into nice works of art in the future! ^_^
    how can some putting down the number 5 or 1 help u? comment's help not ratings.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

They should make it so that when you rate someones work, you have to post a required ammount of text before it'll let you post. They had this in the Old AO gallery, but was lost with the new version. I'm just glad they got rid of the quick rate.
    Last edited by aceman67; Jul 20, 2005 at 01:39 PM.

Otaku QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67
    They should make it so that when you rate someones work, you have to post a required ammount of text before it'll let you post. They had this in the Old AO gallery, but was lost with the new version. I'm just glad they got rid of the quick rate.
    Thank you and jaderabbit as well. You said what I was trying to get across. I remember that in the old AO as well. You had to leave a review in a certain amount of time after downloading or you would get in trouble, right? I remember something like that.

Like I said, I understand if someone rates me, as the artist, poorly then what I created wasn't in their tastes, but I still want some feedback so I know why, you know?

Okay did anyone follow that? .^_^. Thanks for backing me up aceman67 and jaderabbit. Appreciate greatly. And thanks to everyone else who replied. I like reading other points of view.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast