Thread: Resident Evil/Biohazard 4

Newbie Seiryu may be famous one day Seiryu may be famous one day Seiryu's Avatar
    Thanks

Resident Evil/Biohazard 4

Well, I live in England (Sucks to Be me!) so I only got me hands on RE4 on the 18th... But JESUS!!!!!!!! At first, I thought it was f*ckin awesome, A real survival fest... But then *OMG SPOILER ALERT!!!* all of the viruses and Genenically altered enemies and the UMBRELLA RESURECTION PLOT AND WESKER!!!!!!!!!!! *OMG SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!! is over. You can read now... So anyway. What do you 'people' think?

People who have completed it... Do the Mercenaries game!!! Its Good Exercise for your feeble brains!!!
    Signatures suck.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    I recommend using some space when you write spoilers...
    Like this:

<SPOILERS RE4 BEGIN>

Insert spoilers here

<SPOILERS RE4 END>

It's truly a beauty of a game.

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks
    great game, get 5 stars on all the mercenaries levels with all the characters and you can get the handcannon. Great gun to mess around with zombies

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Otaku Wobbuffetking may be famous one day Wobbuffetking may be famous one day
    Thanks
    It's kinda funny that one of the top contenders for the "Game of the Year" title came out 11 days into the year (In the US at least).

There was a lot of hype surrounding this game when it first got released. I knew that the game was going to be good but I didn't know that it was going to be a masterpiece. It totally blew my expectations out of the water.

Consider this game a total revival of the RE series, the series has gone through a total facelift in this game. Gone are the blocky controls, horrible camera angles, retarded item storage boxes (those seem to have found themselves in Silent Hill now), extremely limited item storage (you have a lot more room to carry around items in this game), Infant puzzles (I don't need Resident Evil keeping my shapematching skills honed), and Zombies (this is the first Resident Evil game that doesn't revolve around the undead). The whole combat system has totally be revised also. The "Behind-the-back" view turned out to be amazing also.

Many of the new elements found in Resident Evil 4 were actually taken from previous games. You have "Dead Aim's" behind-the-back view and aiming-intensive gameplay, "Resident Evil 0's" two-person cooperative puzzle-solving mechanics, the "Resident Evil" remake's much faster and deadlier enemies, and the fully 3D environments introduced in "Code:Veronica X". RE4 just combines them all to make a truly special gaming experience.

I also love how the environment offers terrific freedom as to how many different ways there are to attack. Will you plow through enemies run-and-gun style? Will you make your stand on rooftops, tossing grenades and sniping long range? The AI has also been massively improved in this game. Enemies will set up ladders, carry shields, arm themselves with chain saws, axes, knives, dynamite, crossbows, ect., they'll sprint, sidestep, block their heads, and shout to each other. There are also tons of them (I once counted 10 onscreen).

The only thing I have to complain about are the lack in difficulty in some of the boss encounters. I found the first boss to be harder than some of the later encounters. The final boss was a pushover. This really doesn't take much out of the actual game though.
    Too cool for a sig.

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiryu
    Well, I live in England (Sucks to Be me!) so I only got me hands on RE4 on the 18th... But JESUS!!!!!!!! At first, I thought it was f*ckin awesome, A real survival fest... But then *OMG SPOILER ALERT!!!* all of the viruses and Genenically altered enemies and the UMBRELLA RESURECTION PLOT AND WESKER!!!!!!!!!!! *OMG SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!! is over. You can read now... So anyway. What do you 'people' think?
    Going a bit off topic I gotta congratulate your spoilers, not only did you leave no space or use spoiler tags, you put some of the bigger spoilers in CAPS with exclaimation points following. Next time, try topping that and make the spoilers bold and the first thing so people who haven't played it yet, like me, can note the wonderful spoilers before we read anything else in your post.

btw, burn.

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Oh, it is a good game. At first, I thought that it wouldn't be able to scare me like most RE games do because of the amount of action and combat involved. It still managed to freak me out when I had my head chainsawed off or when I first fought the Regenerators.

Not gonna give anything away, but the Regenerators are pains in the ass to kill.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    It's absolutely one of the top sequels in the series as far as i'm concerned.....excellent game and takes a bold new direction in the series......nice