Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Resolved: That the "FanArt" Section in the AO Gallery be Removed

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Possitively... I only wanna see anime

:Thumbd: But The anime that is in there is totally awsome

Is there a way where you could only have anime fanart in the gallery?
    Last edited by youth_anime_fan; Jan 13, 2005 at 08:38 PM.

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by youth_anime_fan
    Possitively... I only wanna see anime

:Thumbd: But The anime that is in there is totally awsome

Is there a way where you could only have anime fanart in the gallery?
    I don't get why you just want Anime. Most of the stuff here on ANIMEONLINE the board is not "Anime Relates" so way restrict it to the Gallery? Because some member wants to See "Just Anime" Fanart? Its not fair to the members

Otaku Rodion may be famous one day Rodion may be famous one day Rodion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well, according to my friend who was PMing me, the non-anime stuff tended to be distracting to the eyes of the "die-hard" anime fan...and that I wouldn't understand because I had to be a "die-hard" anime fan to be able to share the same feeling?

First off, if it was a "distraction" then perhaps the quality of the non-anime work was THAT GOOD! One function of art is actually to "disturb and distract" people! That's what you got those weird sculptures in town squares and parks! They're not there just because they're there!

Second, how does one exactly define a "die-hard" anime fan and is it that impossible for say, me to become such or maybe relate to? *shrugs*

-RODION
    "Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all."
    - Hypatia of Alexandria

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    a TRUE anime fan should accept ANY type of art. Because you have to LEARN how to draw OTHER stuff before leanring how to draw Anime. There are "Die Hard" Anime fans but most wouldn't get pissed over some art posting in a gallery thats not Anime

Otaku Juggernaut may be famous one day Juggernaut may be famous one day Juggernaut's Avatar
    Thanks
    Lets just put it this way...

" :Thumbd: Negative. I believe that the Fan Art section of the AO Gallery be retained, because AO has to allow its members to be exposed with other forms of art and allow them to compare and contrast say, traditional art with anime art, and thus their understanding of art will be further enhanced."

Newbie HRob may be famous one day HRob may be famous one day HRob's Avatar
    Thanks
    " :Thumbd: Negative. I believe that the Fan Art section of the AO Gallery be retained, because AO has to allow its members to be exposed with other forms of art and allow them to compare and contrast say, traditional art with anime art, and thus their understanding of art will be further enhanced."

Who cares what your friend says..if he or she is a DIE-HARD anime fan and thinks that the non-amine art is distracting... she/he already knows what to expect in the gallery, so tell her/him not to go look at it. If she or he wants some anime relate art tell her/him to go google it or something.
    I didn't mean to sound like a dick..it's just i don't understand what the big deal is. Noone is forcing you to look at the art work, and noone is forcing to stay in this forum ..and if you think it's not what a DIE-HARD anime website should look like...well go find yourself one.

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Hmm, lemme think about if for a seco- No.

If you don't like the fact that there is non-anime art in the FanArt section, I've got a simple resolution. Deal with it! Last time I checked, the mods and admins are the ones who make changes, and I seriously doubt that the complaints of two or three members are going to change anything. So, I go with no.

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I do see your point and realize that all the things discussed in animeonline are very enjoyable and are worth noting as very good.

Please let me expound on the comment I have made.

The anime "portion" of this web-site is like the entity that brings some people here. It is a "gimmik." in that, I use the proper use of the word, meaning that the anime brings people to the site and the other options that are on the site keep the people interested. I have no personal objection to the non-anime sections, and even say that there should be a more progressed attitude about doing those types of other things. However, AS FOR THE FAN-ART GALLERY ITSELF... It is very interesting to see others show off their work, but it takes longer to look at all the anime art in there. Second, those who want to only see anime fan-art , well, they ONLY WANT TO SEE ANIME FAN ART. So-- some solutions might be taken by making compromises that benifit the whole entirety of the community. Such as seperating the two different kinds of fan-art into two different places. There also could be very many more compromises that could be taken, but yes I somewhat agree that to absolutely abolish any form of such is kindof harsh.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast