Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Resolved: That the "FanArt" Section in the AO Gallery be Removed

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eriadd
    I don't mean to joke around, but GallComp's use of the extra question marks makes me laugh. Isn't it so funny??????

j/k
    Well I use extra dots, so why not extra question marks....

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GallComp
    I have been on this site for over two years, I saw the dissaster of loosing it and the reborn of it, Day after day I visited every section of it, I read almost all the threads, saw almost all the entries in the gallery and believe me if I tell you that I have never seen it as "Only Anime" Online.... Yes, our main subjects are based on anime and manga, but we also allow ourselfs to talka about any other subject in this planet, neither AO or their members should be restricted to one type of conversations. Anime communities like this one have to evolve and grow in different paths, if we only allowed Anime related material in this place the site would be dead long time ago.

Being restricted to one subject means a very limited amount of things to talk and share, I mean how many "Inuyasha rocks" threads will be handling before it gets boring an people leaves this place. Thanks to the diversity of topics handled in the forums, all of you are still interested in returning to this site in regular basis.

The gallery was made to share ideas and the hard work of the artists in this community, and as I explained before it has to show some diversity also. All the rules and priviledges of the forums are applied to the gallery as well, meaning that if we as community (not only staffs) allow non-anime topics on the forums we will allow non-anime related images in the gallery...

Not wanting other kind of images in the gallery will mean not wanting other kind of topics on the forums as well, So I may ask this now, if you don't want non-anime fanart in the gallery, why do you accept an introduction forum?, why do you post messages in the tech section?, Why do you debate about the meaning of life?, ... Those are not anime related stuff, so why? do you accept it in the forums and hate them in the gallery????

Why???????
    Amen Gall. I mean Think about it. If AO was just Anime anime this anime that how boring would it be. I have seen Anime Sites that are JUST anime die. It dosen't work they way. That would be like DeviantArt I mean they accept all kinds of art BUT anime Related unless its fanart. Thats consitered hypicritical. People put so much work into their wallpapers to just have them deleted without ntoice? We Give the Anime Fans something DeviantART or other GFX sites don't give their members the right to express themselves with Art and other stuff. Thats Why AO is Still and will always be here its not because of Anime related topics/gallery submiitionis. ITs about the diverse range of stuff we can discuss on this board. I know My site was GFX based I didn't allow anything else but GFX how long do you think it lasted? not vary long. So Don't be so judgemental when it comes to the site and fanart.

Newbie KaiserD may be famous one day KaiserD may be famous one day
    Thanks
    ??? Deviant do have an anime gallery. I mean go to digital - drawing - anime or traditional - drawing - anime, it is on there, they just request that anime and fanart are kept seperate. Arronis posts there too

When you said GFX sites, I don't know if you meant *the* gfx site but there is some totally awesome anime work on there. Someone did some fanart of Itachi and some One Piece, the few pieces that do come up are breath taking. That's such a pro site, definatly something for the artists here to aim for and be inspired by...

http://www.gfxartist.com/

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4