Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: That retro feeling

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

That retro feeling

Situation:
    This morning I woke up and -in a trance like state- took my old playstation from it's plastic bag in my closet.
    I then plugged it into my television (easy because the cables are the same as the ones you use for the PS2),
    shoved in a memory card and inserted FFVII game disc 1 (of 3).

I just started playing the game all over again, after a couple of hours I woke up from my trance state and sat there on the ground in front of the tv with an empty, dull look in my eyes... Other PSX games followed...

Now the thing is, do any of you people ever experience that unstoppable urge to play your old games all over again, even if you just bought some brand new ones?

Damn, my eyes are getting teary just listening to that phenominal FFVII music...

Newbie Shizuma_15 may be famous one day Shizuma_15 may be famous one day Shizuma_15's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: That retro feeling

yeah i do i remember playing mystical ninja 64 for my n64 i just started playing it and didnt stop till i beat it i think it took 5 or 7 hours i dont remember. i played nonstop whoooo i took a long pp afterwards..

Otaku Dreadhawk may be famous one day Dreadhawk may be famous one day Dreadhawk's Avatar
    On the battlefield, hiding behind you with a knife...
    Thanks

Talking Re: That retro feeling

Yeah, i had the urge to paly FF 9 one day, played it non stop, to the end

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

It's just unbelievable how good those games still are.
    The ONLY thing bothering me in FFVII is that it's not possible to move your character with the joystick on a controller, hmm maybe I'll whip out that old non-dual shock PSX controller too

Otaku bugsbunnyz may be famous one day bugsbunnyz may be famous one day
    Thanks

i had that feeling once in school, well it was more of an urge to play FFVII so i ran out of school and had to visit several houses on the differant sides of the city to get various parts to make a PSX and find the game from somewhere, but in the end i can officially say, it was worth it

Newbie henzor may be famous one day henzor may be famous one day henzor's Avatar
    Thanks

hehe good old nostalgia

i wonder why that is though? maybe we want to relive the moments of the game that gave us so much joy and excitement... could it be something about the game that haunts us well after its completion? or are we subconcously challenging ourselves, to see if we still have wot it takes to beat it?

... or maybe we're just out of games to play oO;

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmmm....I never beaten a game....I go back and try to advance through my old games...

I'm a gamer....But I suxk at playing games. I just like the thrill.
    Seduced by Flesh

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Hell yes. I get urges to beat OoT again, despite the fact I've already beat it 3-4 times on two different systems. I also have urges (as I do right now) to beat my Prince of Perisa games again and again. Then of course Super Mario World, and Mario 64, and also Super Smash Brothers. Some games just seem to have that, "effect". Like, you know all the stategies, you've beaten it a million times, but it still has that, thrill.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast