Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Return of the NHL...Should Anybody Care?

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

The Return of the NHL...Should Anybody Care?

Well its been a little over a year since the NHL started its lockout and really it seems like it has been missed very little. I was a minimal hockey fan at best, living in the south doesnt help, but anyways it seems like its on its way back now. SHould we care, does it matter, do you think they'll turn it around this time or do you think its only a matter of time before it falls apart again?

Wasnt sure where to place this topic, I saw it as a debatable issue therefore....

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Return of the NHL...Should Anybody Care?

I could care less to tell you the truth, i was never really a fan and the lockout didn't make a difference to me. Let's just hope that the new changes the NHL will be making might make the game more exciting all around.

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

I was never a fan of hockey either. Rob Zombie puts it best, "People kinda like baseball, kinda like football, but you either hate or love hockey." I do think the loyal, real hockey fans will come back to the sport, but it's still hockey, it's still not a major sport in this country, and unless they get a huge makeover, it will never become a major sport.

Otaku millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles's Avatar
    Thanks

People sure care over here, but surprisingly people weren't as affected as I thought they would be. Hockey is a big part of Canada, so we'll be glad to have the NHL back up and running. Plus maybe this will be the year the Leafs win the cup (yeah...not likely).

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't say I missed hockey at all, since I don't watch it, none of my friends did really, only one person i knew really said anything about it, and even he didn't care TOO much. I'm sure there are the hardcore fans who are ready for this season to start, just not around me.

Otaku fatsobob may be famous one day fatsobob may be famous one day
    Thanks

I love hocky, its my favorite sport.
    This is probably true because I live in colorado, a very cold state during winter.
    That and all of our other teams suck.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Are you kidding the Colorado Avalanche sucks?? or did i mix that up with another team...hmmm avalanche is colordado right?? and I thought they were pretty good, actually most teams in the west are scary, Colorado, Detroit, St. Louis, but I don't know about now

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MoonUnit
    People sure care over here, but surprisingly people weren't as affected as I thought they would be. Hockey is a big part of Canada, so we'll be glad to have the NHL back up and running. Plus maybe this will be the year the Leafs win the cup (yeah...not likely).
    Very not likely at that. With the salary caps, there's no way Leafs can put together a great team with the players they already have contracts with.

Hard core fans will be happy...but as time showed, hockey isn't a do or die thing...People who love to play the sport will still play, people who loved watching it will be glad it's back....other than that, it's just another year.
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast