Thread: Ricky Williams Returns

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Ricky Williams Returns

Again, I thought the Debate Section would be the best section to put this in. If I am mistaken, I apologize.

Down to business. Ricky Williams returns from his 4 week suspension issued by the NFL a year ago. He joins the Miami Dolphins in an interstate rival match between the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He also joins rookie runningback Ronnie Brown in the backfield.

Dolphins' coach Nick Saban has told reporters that both Ricky and Ronnie will start:

Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown will both start for the Dolphins on Sunday against the Buccaneers. "I might change my mind between now and [Sunday], but we are starting both," coach Nick Saban told the Associated Press. "One might play center and one might play tight end or wideout, but we are starting them both." The Miami Herald reports that Saban will treat Ricky's playing time like he would if it were a preseason game. "We want to play him in spots and spurts and see how he responds and reacts to it," Saban told the Herald.
    Imagine Ricky and Ronnie both in the backfield. Imagine Ronnie running as a WR, which he can do. Imagine Ricky lining up on the O-line. What in the hell is Saban planning to do? The Bucs is one of the best passing defenses in the league. Saban and the Fish are going to have to run the ball. How they plan to run it, is beyond me.

Also, think about it. With the extra attention that Ricky is going to get, and with Ronnie alongside him, Ronnie will be able to have a breakout game. Furthermore, what about Randy McMichael. The defense won't be able to have double coverage on Randy, since they have to concentrate on two stellar backs. If I have Randy on one of my Fantasy Football teams (and I do), I'd start him. We could very well see a 3-2 punch with the 3R's - Randy, Ronnie, Ricky.

So, here's the debate...

Can Ronnie and Ricky coexist in the backfield. Have Ricky's teammates accepted him back? Will Ronnie improve or fall apart with the addition of Ricky, and will Ricky do the same? With Ricky on the team, and the already improved Dolphins, will the Fish be able to reach the playoffs this year, which is unheard of, considering their record from last year. All I have to say is... Nick Saban for President if they do.

P.S.

I thought this was hilarious, so I had to edit it in.

Brown has a nasty turf burn on his arm, and Ricky told him about a herb that would help heal it. "I haven't got it yet, but maybe I better," he said.
    How ironic that Ricky will be able to help Ronnie with herbal medicine, the same thing he studied while he quit from the team last year. Hilarious.
    Last edited by Silverskater145; Oct 16, 2005 at 09:14 AM.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Ricky Williams Returns

Hey it's not that funny considering Ricky went to GRASS valley, California to get his treatment.

Anyways, I think it would work as anyone who saw yesterday's USC game would know that the combo of Lendale White and Reggie Bush and how dangerous they could be.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

Five carries for eight yards. Hmm not bad. If you're a third stringer. Given it was against a fruggle Tampa Bay defense, he and Ronnie Brown could only muster just over 30 yards. I honestly think right now it should be Brown's job to lose. Ricky should stay second until Brown proves he cant do it or gets injured.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Delerium
    Five carries for eight yards. Hmm not bad. If you're a third stringer. Given it was against a fruggle Tampa Bay defense, he and Ronnie Brown could only muster just over 30 yards. I honestly think right now it should be Brown's job to lose. Ricky should stay second until Brown proves he cant do it or gets injured.
    shit I take that back, I was wrong to compare them to the tandem over at USC right now it's more like Mike Tice and Dennis Green in the back field

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart