Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: is it right to breed animals and kill them off to disect?

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: is it right to breed animals and kill them off to disect?

Quote Originally Posted by Metsuki Anba
    Lab animals, mice, frogs, gigantic fat mutant worms, were bred to be used by humans. There are animals of the same type living out in the world, living a rather useless life. At least lab animals serve a purpose in life- fulfilling the needs of human beings in science.
    So anything that doesn't directly benefit humans is useless? Not to sound rude, but i was just making a point. Even if thier lives are "useless" they still act to preserve the balance of nature, and yes; I know that we don't kill enough of them to disrupt that balance.

Otaku Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba's Avatar
    Over there. In the bush next to your house.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zarriff
    So anything that doesn't directly benefit humans is useless? Not to sound rude, but i was just making a point. Even if thier lives are "useless" they still act to preserve the balance of nature, and yes; I know that we don't kill enough of them to disrupt that balance.
    It's true. Their only purpose in life is to further human scientific and medical knowledge, as it should be. They would otherwise be sitting around infesting people's homes, making babies and ruining crops. Is it so bad that we kill them in the name of science?

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Metsuki Anba
    It's true. Their only purpose in life is to further human scientific and medical knowledge, as it should be. They would otherwise be sitting around infesting people's homes, making babies and ruining crops. Is it so bad that we kill them in the name of science?
    lol I suppose it's not as bad as it seems. After all, Len managed to make a natural death sound contraversial.

Otaku Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zarriff
    lol I suppose it's not as bad as it seems. After all, Len managed to make a natural death sound contraversial.
    lol, yeah, he has a tendency to do that.
    I had to dissect one of those gigantic mutant worms last year, and I hope to god I wont have to see those things out and about after a rainy day. I'd scream like a girl.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by teebow
    couldnt you say then that people also that are not used medically are 'useless' or i know that this might be a different topic altogether *sorz* but then if not then are we saying that other animal that are not human are beneath us or that people and animals are not 'equal'
    Yes. Yes we are. But also, would these animals lead a useful life in the wild? I think not. Humans have a general goal in life- Breed and strengthen the gene pool. Now, humans also have a common goal- Further the living conditions of humans. This includes science, making medicines to cure disease, expanding life expectancy. Now what does a mouse do to contribute to the later generations? They make babies. Lots and lots of useless babies.

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm all for killing these poor defensless animals, but at what point would it become too much? I bet these same arguements were maid when we were whaleing.

Another point uncontrolled populations of say rats can be used as vectors or disease or even used in the same capacity as biological weapons. They're just little terrorists waiting to happen.
    Last edited by PsiKnot; Aug 19, 2005 at 12:40 AM.

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PsiKnot
    I'm all for killing these poor defensless animals, but at what point would it become too much? I bet these same arguements were maid when we were whaleing.
    Never. You can never kill enough mice!

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I guess we're not just talking mice. What about the other before mentioned "victims"?

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast