Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

Thread: is it right to breed animals and kill them off to disect?

Newbie teebow may be famous one day teebow may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: is it right to breed animals and kill them off to disect?

Quote Originally Posted by #Krystyn#
    I guess i am sympathetic about animals being killed for food, but im more concerned how they are treated before being killed, some animals are apoorlingly treated like the chickens in those kages were they cant move at all.
    KOBE beef is one of the best meat in the world from Kobe cows in japan, the japanese that work on the farm believe if they treat the cow well before killing them the beef will taste more amazing, then if it was badley treated. B
    But i could this justify eating animals or not?
    i dont think she meant that eating cows was the point, i think its more on the treatment of these animals before they get killed.. but still.. it has nothing to do with the food chain.. just being used
    Destination is a State of Mind

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

No it's not righ, that's just mean.

Newbie berryhot may be famous one day berryhot may be famous one day berryhot's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zarriff
    My opinion is yes, but only if it is crucial to come across a scientific breakthrough. I don't think it's right to breed them to be disected by 20 kids in a school lab, that's just a waist of life. Insects however, those can go. Too d*** many of them anyway.
    bugs are evil! lol In all seriousness, I agree. If it was to cure some sort of disease or something then I ok, but not just for kids to do it. I am with you, virtual disection would be a better alternative.

Devoted Otaku Quick Words Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Mah Jongg Garden Champion, Haunted House Champion Cheza may be famous one day Cheza may be famous one day Cheza's Avatar
    Thanks

I think that it is just wrong to kill an animal even if it's a rat....
    If they really had a desire to live, they would've been more aware of how easy it is to die.

Newbie teebow may be famous one day teebow may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by berryhot
    bugs are evil! lol In all seriousness, I agree. If it was to cure some sort of disease or something then I ok, but not just for kids to do it. I am with you, virtual disection would be a better alternative.
    10 points for virtual disection..lol **hi5**
    it was just a random passing thought at that point in time

insects....evil?.... please do tell
    Destination is a State of Mind

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe that is right to breed them because alot of what we know about the effects of chemicals in the industrial sector are only possible because of testing on lab animals. If you are ever in the chemical or materials or engineering industry, you will notice on every chemical that comes with a Materials Safety Data Sheet, it has toxicollagy information which tells you the effects that this chemical can have. So I would rather know that benzene is a cancer causing agent by subjecting a rat to benzene than not knowing and doing something stupid and find out the hard way. Think about all of the engineers and chemists who put their lives on the line everyday, handling toxic and very reactive chemicals just so that you as a normal consumer can enjoy the benefits of today's technology. That is for testing and killing

As for dissection, well we wouldn't know really anything about any animal if we didn't dissect it; nor would we know all that we know about nature without dissecting it; just like med students use cadavers in order to study human anatomy.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

In order to understand something you must first know it inside and out.

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7