Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: the right to be cold

Newbie neko boso may be famous one day neko boso may be famous one day neko boso's Avatar
    Thanks

the right to be cold

ok heres the story it was realy cold outside and when its fressing they let every one stay in the building for lunch but my freind thought it wasnt that bad so she wanted to stay outside but she got 3 weeks detion for it i mean its here right if she wanted to freeze her butt off she should be allowed to right? what do you think?
    one by one the penguins steal my sanity

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hmmm......i think that they shouldve let her do whatever she thought...i mean...who gots the right to stop you? But i guess the school was just thinking of her health...i dont know...but i would go with jus letting her do whatever she wants...as long as she stays out of trouble ^^

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    If it's against school policy, they basically have every right to take action. I think some of the rules of most schools are a bit predijice and unfair, but they do have the right...

But why would you want to go out in the cold anyway?

Otaku Juice may be famous one day Juice may be famous one day Juice's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hmmmm she shouldn't have gotten any detention for that, i remember back when i was going to this crappy school for a few monthes I got detention just cause i forgot to put my student ID around my neck (it was in my pocket) Uptight "rule followers" really make me mad.

IMO there are 3 types of people in this world, rule makers, rule followers , and rule breakers. Which one do u want to be known as. But yeah i agree with her, stupid rules like that are ment to be broken. A rule that was weak in the first place will break easily.

Talk less, Say More. Eat Less, Chew More. Whine Less, Breath More. Fear Less, Hope More. Hate Less, Love More.
    And all good things are yours

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    How can the 8th level of hell be cold? *snicker*

I believe that High Schools restrict the rights of kids way to much. They should enforce proper laws (fighting, or serious offenses such as bullying) but as far as the everyday stuff, it can get downright stupid. They restrict your right to skip or be late for class. Why? If you are always late or skip, it will show in your grades and you eventually reap bad consequences. But if it doesn't affect your grade or preformance it shouldn't matter. And if your late, they should at least say "if you arrive late, you can't come into class" would even be better than you getting an "appointment" with the authourity.

In College, they totally don't care about crap like that. If your late enough, or skip enough, you go down a letter grade, but that is an effect that you can control. You don't get harrassed by "the man" And Colleges Totally don't care if you go outside during winter!! Hearing that schools detain kids indoors just bites the dolphin!! I guess it stemmed from scenarios such as "columbine high", but is our strict control only stopping the violence in school? What's preventing someone from shooting all their schoolmates outside of school property when everyones leaving to go home?

In reality, there could be no total safe way to stop school violence, and in essence, the strict controling of the High Schools is futile. Minor issues such as standing outside makes the atmosphere like a prison yard. And what happenes in prison? You learn to become a better crimanal. The End.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks
    3 week detion sound really harsh!!!! It is up to us, what we want to do. They could have just said no, not give detions for it! what a mean place.

FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

忍び Tychoides may be famous one day Tychoides may be famous one day Tychoides's Avatar
    Thanks
    That is pretty pathetic.

But then again, the school probably had to do it because if your friend got sick, maybe her and her parents would file a frivilous lawsuit. After all, people sue for everything these days, and it forces everybody to be all politically correct and over-sensitive.
    I don't have a God complex. I am God.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychoides
    That is pretty pathetic.

But then again, the school probably had to do it because if your friend got sick, maybe her and her parents would file a frivilous lawsuit. After all, people sue for everything these days, and it forces everybody to be all politically correct and over-sensitive.
    yeah I totally I agree, there this other story where a student was suspend because he filmed his teacher pulling out a chair from under another student who refused to stand up for the pledge of allegiance. the teacher had yet to be punished himself

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast