Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: the right to be cold

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks
    How can most teachers get away with some of the things they do. In my old middle school, a teacher was suppended because he throw a chair at a student. Then, he was back. I don't think he sould have been let back because of his violent nature.

Teachers have a responciblity to stop violence not to show it!

FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Teachers are human too, they will release emotions whether they're suppose to or not.

Contray to popular belief, teachers are quite far from perfect.

As for the dentention thing, as ridiculous as it is, they still run the place therefore can set the punishment. Like Tychoides everyone will sue for just about anything nowadays, and as petty as the crime is, it's still there.

Otaku zeine may be famous one day zeine may be famous one day zeine's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well, it's only human nature to want to control... And because schools want to exercise this kind of authority/power, students are usually stripped of their rights... Although it may seem unfair, we students are residing in school property, and your friend was still in school grounds... Since she was standing on the school's territory, then it was only customary to follow the rules set out... Kinda like when you're in someone else's house, not yours... Still, 3 weeks detention is too much... And I believe that she should've been respected based on her own will to want to freeze outside... I myself love cold weather and would've chosen to stay like she did...
    Last edited by zeine; Feb 24, 2005 at 06:54 PM. Reason: double word

Newbie emilymousy may be famous one day emilymousy may be famous one day emilymousy's Avatar
    Thanks
    I can see where the school wouldn't want her standing outside in the cold. They are responsible for the students while they are on school grounds so if she got sick then the school could get in trouble for it, but that punishment was far to harsh. Espically since they didn't actually say that the students couldn't go outside just that they could stay inside.

Also while teachers are humans and get angry just like everyone else they also have the resposibilty to watch their actions and keep themselves in control. If they have such bad anger problems that they throw things at students or mistreat them then they have no right to be teachers. Besides what message is that sending to students when they see their teacher acting violent?

Newbie Chaos_Catalysis may be famous one day Chaos_Catalysis may be famous one day Chaos_Catalysis's Avatar
    Thanks
    I personally love the cold. Most people think I am a little off because of this, but I wear shorts all the time outside. It sould be noted that I live in a cold climate in the winter and I waer shorts everday. Most of the when it is snowing I just have tshirt light jacket and shorts and tshoes. So I dont see why people should get in trouble for doing what they want to do.
    The destruction of one is just the being of another

Otaku vb0xn4rd may be famous one day vb0xn4rd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    As someone who enjoys sitting out in the cold, I say everyone should be able to if they so desire.

Newbie camathalion may be famous one day camathalion may be famous one day
    Thanks
    i think she shouldnt of been punished. these days, school gives us too many retrictions. i personaly like being cold, but my teacher wont let us go out no matter wat. its just so not fair. i wanna be cold *wiping my eyes*

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

To quote the Forum Rules...
    -Do not post on threads that have been inactive for longer than two weeks
    Closing...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2