Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Ring 1 and 2

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Ring 1 and 2

The Ring kept me entertained, it wasn't really scary by any means but i loved the production values with the cinematography and lens filters ect. But i thought it was definately lacking in the overall fright department. I was expecting one of the scariest films of all time they way people were blabbing about it, but overall i was pretty let down. I never got around to seeing part 2, and from what i hear....it's better that way.

Otaku millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles's Avatar
    Thanks

I thought the first Ring was great. It had a creepy story, cool effects and nothing I had seen before in a horror movie.

Unfortunately, the Ring 2 was terrible.

I don't know, maybe if I had seen more Japanese cinema before I saw the first Ring I wouldn't have liked it, but I still love it.

The Grudge was a piece o'crap though.

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks

I too liked the first Ring. I watched it alone in the middle of the night, in the dark, so I did get pretty creeped out, especially with the tv part. But the Ring 2 was a big dissappointment. I've also seen the Japanese Ringu, and it was about the same in that it had it's creepy moments, but wasn't truly horrifying. Plus, the story in Ringu didn't make as much sense, thought that might have had something to so with the translation. I also have the book (which is actually a mini series, Ring, Spiral, and Loop), but I haven't gotten around to reading it.
    As far as the Grudge goes, I saw Ju-on before the Grude, and it didn't make as much sense as the Grudge did, but it was a little bit scarier. The sequence of events in the Grudge is almost exactly the same as in Ju-on, so it's like watching the same movie, only with a blonde bubble-head as the star of one of them.
    Overall, I liked the Ring movies much more.

And I remember now, at the top of my lungs in my arms, she dies, she dies.

Controlling you through a chip in your butt since 2004

Newbie Kami-chan may be famous one day Kami-chan may be famous one day Kami-chan's Avatar
    Thanks

I've avoided seeing either of the new Ring films simply because most remakes suck. As for the Japanese originals, the only one worth seeing is the first one (which I thought was quite creepy and had its scary moments).

If the American remake of Ringu 2 was anything like the original, then I'm not surprised it sucked.

Anti syndicate spike spiegel may be famous one day spike spiegel may be famous one day spike spiegel's Avatar
    Thanks

yes,the japanese Ringu is sound's much better than the american version's, Ringu
    was the scariest movie in Japan, Many teen's watch it still with there with their bf or
    gf.

"I let all that kind of blood away" Thanks Viper

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks

I like Ringu, A HELL OF ALOT BETTER, than the Ring, simply because, Ringu had a better and more believe backstory, everything fit together and such.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2