Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RO Free Server

Otaku vb0xn4rd may be famous one day vb0xn4rd may be famous one day
    Thanks

RO Free Server

So, I've been wanting to get back into Ragnarok Online. However, I have neither the inclination nor the ability to pay for the official servers each month. So, I've been looking for one of these "free servers" which I've heard so little about. I managed to find quite a few, but they all (at least, the ones I've bothered to read up on) seem to mess with the rates at which you gain exp/items/etc. Now, that might be cool for a little while, but I have a feeling it will get really cheap and annoying. So, does anyone know of a free RO server that doesn't mess with rates (a little bit would be okay, I guess, but not 50x. That's just dumb!) and is up and working at least some, if not most, of the time?

Also, does anyone know if RO lags when played on a 56k connection? (I'm asking for a friend, of course. I have 3mbit cable, I swear!)

Newbie Battousai may be famous one day Battousai may be famous one day Battousai's Avatar
    Thanks
    I played RO with a 56k and it seemed like it was going just fine for a bit. Once I got into town it was a different story.... So many store bots just sitting there advertising their wares and their stupid bubble balloon text UGH! I couldn't even see the damn road I was walking on. It was just way to crowded for me. Obviously you'll be fine but your friend well... if he has more patience than me he'll be fine too maybe.

As for a free server only one I found was Redemption but I'm not sure if they altered xp and whatnot. Judging from what I saw on their froums I'd say they do considering everyone and their mom is uber

Otaku vb0xn4rd may be famous one day vb0xn4rd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Battousai
    if he has more patience than me he'll be fine too maybe.
    She, actually. You think just because I'm a nerdy anime fanboy I can't have a female friend? lol

But anyway, did you have to install all kinds of extra files to play on that server? That's another thing I'm finding on most free servers that I don't think I like.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    Your brave to be playing anything online with 56.k take it from me....but there are the small instances where things will actually run smooth....it just depends from time to time....

Newbie Battousai may be famous one day Battousai may be famous one day Battousai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vb0xn4rd
    She, actually. You think just because I'm a nerdy anime fanboy I can't have a female friend? lol

But anyway, did you have to install all kinds of extra files to play on that server? That's another thing I'm finding on most free servers that I don't think I like.
    AHAHAHA Sorry about that... wish I knew girls that liked vid games/anime

But yea, they require installation of extra files also. It's about 300mb extra so if a 40 hour download for the client doesn't bug her than an extra 20 hour won't be bad

Otaku steelangelanna may be famous one day steelangelanna may be famous one day steelangelanna's Avatar
    Thanks
    hi! im the female friend!! i think. but if i am im peratah!

Otaku Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael's Avatar
    Thanks
    Actually... I do know of a server that is free. The only rate that has been uped is xp and I think its 5x the normal rate. Its never been even close to having any real number of people. A few months ago it had about 20 people signed up, but there were only about 10 regulars. Then the server owner changed the rates, and most of them left. So he shut it down. Then me and another of the regulars got him to put it back up again. He then had a problem when the server became corrupted because of the previously raised item drop rate. So he had to reinstall the server and we all had to start over again. Which really annoyed me because I was 20% to lvl 97...

Anyway, I think its still up but I doubt there are that many players, if any at all. So if you can get some of your friends to play I think it would be fun for you. If your interested, just send me a pm or post in this thread again.

Otaku steelangelanna may be famous one day steelangelanna may be famous one day steelangelanna's Avatar
    Thanks
    .. yall are silly

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast