Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Rock Demons

Otaku yanna may be famous one day yanna may be famous one day yanna's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Rock Demons

Ok here we go again....I actually have a really good discussion to start. I have a question that I think i can get everyone into and look at. I have heard too many times that the music I listen to makes me a bad person so here is the question I have does the music like Rock and stuff make you go out and do things or does music change you into a bad person? Too many people i know think that listening to some types of music can make you act a certain way like listening to rock can make you violent. Does rock music or any other type of music make you do the things you do? Can it really reflect on your life?

Mod Edit:

When you answer My question think about the artist people acuse of being bad or vial artists
    GreenDay
    My Chemical Romance
    Foo Fighters
    Ozzy
    Marilyn Manson
    Slipknot
    System of A Down
    Good Charolette
    But these are just song writes and the words they sing are only songs....so why do we take it so seriously? And why do people think that these songs make you do things thas crazy. Everyone who listens to old music has heard "Cop Killers" but i garauntee you half of you have heard the saong but honestly how many of you have gone out and killed a cop because of what this songs says?
    I am insane and I am loving every hour of it? Any problems?

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Rock Demons

i think it depends on the person that listens to Rock or other kind of music, i listen to death metal, black metal and heavy metal mostly but so far i haven't become violent as some people become.

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks

OK Yanna, next time use the EDIT button and dont double post...

Otaku FallenAngel may be famous one day FallenAngel may be famous one day FallenAngel's Avatar
    Thanks

um... my chemcial romance is bad... the only peopel that listen to their music are those pun krocker skaterboarding wannabees... i am 16 years old and my chemcial romance givesm e a headache. now manson and SOD kicks butt! they write their own songs and totally messed me up since i love satan and i wanna be an anarchist! ::sarcasm::
    only parents say those things. and parents are old people. i don't like old people. as much as i loath green day. i find it very icky that manson and SOD be put in teh same category as these amatuers..... argh! music has nothing ot do with people's personality. peopel listen to whatever they want. and reflecting on our life??? is this some yoga class..... music is music, something you dance to and something you have sex to. it isn't some deep philosophical meaning of one's existance.....

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

Seems to me like its mostly just people being predudiced towards certain types of music. I listen to everything from classical, techno, foreign, rock, rap, etc. The music I listen too has no effect on me. I listen to Papa Roach, Limp Bizkit, etc and yet I am the exact opposite from the stereotypical listner to that music. To me it also seems that the effect that music has on the listener depends on WHY the person is listening to it, and not the actual content.

Newbie Avocado may be famous one day Avocado may be famous one day Avocado's Avatar
    Thanks

It seems a little short sighted to blame a persons personality on what music they listen too, I mean it's the same as blaming violence on videogames. Just because you disagree with someones choice of music, it doesn't make them bad ppl.

Newbie teebow may be famous one day teebow may be famous one day
    Thanks

i dont think that music could make you a violent person, i mean i listen to a variety of artists from marilyn manson to greenday and it makes no difference to me. it just seems a little absurd that people can associate music with violence, it does seem short sited to catagorise and assume ones personallity is violent because of what music they listen to, music is music, people like it because they do, music doesnt make you violent, people can be violent even without music, and thats why i dont think that music whatever style it is can make people a bad person.
    Destination is a State of Mind

Otaku Dreadhawk may be famous one day Dreadhawk may be famous one day Dreadhawk's Avatar
    On the battlefield, hiding behind you with a knife...
    Thanks

Indeed, if you heard all the songs I have listened too, you wouldn't know what category to put me in! I listen to any song I like, the only prference i have is classic rock 'n' roll. Other then that, if i like it, i'll listen to it!

I also don't see how listening to rock, or "angry music" as said in Anger Management, can really influence you to do something wrong. You are who you are and are treated thus due to your actions, that's all there is too it =)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast