Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Rock Demons

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Rock Demons

Every type of music has a stigma attached to it. I think this is because music inspires emotion, and different types of expression to include how one dances to said music. Take a look at the fans' responses to different types when at a show. Metal/punk inspire SOME to mosh and I can attest to that, this may look like an angry or violent response. When was the last time slam dancing broke out at an Opera.
    Yes I think that music does have an effect on behavioral patterns, but does it make one any more or less of a good or bad person? No, but then again good and bad are relative terms.

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

Newbie Aiselin may be famous one day Aiselin may be famous one day Aiselin's Avatar
    Thanks

Some people are affected by music somewhat, but people take it too far. Such as times when a band is blamed for someones child killing someone elses...

Otaku yanna may be famous one day yanna may be famous one day yanna's Avatar
    Thanks

OK
    I didnt mean to double post that was just a mishap.
    But back to my point I have apoint to make because I really don't think that the music I listen to makes me any different. I mean yes I like rock and metal but seriously does it honestly make me a bd person?
    It really is crazy because almost everyone I know likes to stereotype people based on all the music that we listen to and it just seems kind of weird, and My Chemical Romance isn't all that bad yall need to chill out they are cool. I mean they may not be hot and heavy metal but there is nothing wrong with them.
    But someone needs to realize that the crap I listen to doesnt make me anymore or any less of a person and if it does I want to know how it does.
    I am insane and I am loving every hour of it? Any problems?

Otaku kogome may be famous one day kogome may be famous one day
    Thanks

well it is just music it tell's feelings so it's not ok to tell how u feel threw music because that is just wrong because u cant just bottle up ur emotions so no ur not a bad person k!

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kogome
    well it is just music it tell's feelings so it's not ok to tell how u feel threw music because that is just wrong because u cant just bottle up ur emotions so no ur not a bad person k!
    Yes, but it isn't just a matter of conveying your emotions. It's also a matter how the music shapes you. The problem with that is that you can never tell if it's the music making the change. As people change, thier tastes in music change, so you can't say it's the music's fault. The change in music could just be a product of a change in personality.

Newbie Aiselin may be famous one day Aiselin may be famous one day Aiselin's Avatar
    Thanks

I think people think that music effects people too much... there are some cases of suicide of younger teens, while the "bad" music is playing. And yet there are many suicides that have nothing to do with any kind of music, and yet from the one suicide, they say its all the musics faught.

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

If a person is feeling suicidal its likely that they will listen to music that reflects how they feel. I think the same can be said for most moods/personalities. And another note, bands are not responsible for a persons actions when they have their music on. What happened to personal accountability. I think that people just look for someone to blame in a time of crisis and some artist just become sociaty's whipping boy.

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

Thanks

Agreed, 100%.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast