Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Romeo and Juliet

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Romeo and Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Strangelove
    You found it "dumb"?

Well, here's the reason. You're trying to interpret a play based in a medieval time period with modern culture. Divorce was not even conceptualized yet. Hell, back then, women were still considered PROPERTY.

The characters of Romeo and Juliet are supposed to be 16-18, in age range. Look at some of the couples in your high schools TODAY (or hell, I saw one today on THIS frickin' message board) that THINK they love each other and will always be together, always in love.

No, this play makes perfect sense.

Also, part of what drew them together was the fact is that they were forbidden to be together because of their feuding families. Being rebellious kids, they were naturally attracted to each other.

This was NOT two mature and wise adults. The story is actually more of a tale of yearning and adoration than love.

Man, you have a thing against young ppl. I say this could happen with older young ppl in love too. Romeo and juliet could have been 21-25 and the story would have still worked. Adults can be blinded by love too. Hence crimes of passion.

Newbie loved4once may be famous one day loved4once may be famous one day loved4once's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Strangelove
    You found it "dumb"?

Well, here's the reason. You're trying to interpret a play based in a medieval time period with modern culture. Divorce was not even conceptualized yet. Hell, back then, women were still considered PROPERTY.

The characters of Romeo and Juliet are supposed to be 16-18, in age range. Look at some of the couples in your high schools TODAY (or hell, I saw one today on THIS frickin' message board) that THINK they love each other and will always be together, always in love.

No, this play makes perfect sense.

Also, part of what drew them together was the fact is that they were forbidden to be together because of their feuding families. Being rebellious kids, they were naturally attracted to each other.

This was NOT two mature and wise adults. The story is actually more of a tale of yearning and adoration than love.
    You have a good point, but I still think it was rushed. If they had lived, they may have grown to hate each other. Then were would they be? It wasn't 16-18. Juliet was 13 and Romeo was possibily 17-19. It never said how old Romeo was.

All is calm in this eternal sleep; here grief forgets to groan and love to weep.”
    -Alexander Pope

*My myspace*
    Check out the a cool new site for anime/manga lovers!!!
    {Anime Heaven}

Banned Dr. Strangelove may be famous one day Dr. Strangelove may be famous one day Dr. Strangelove's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by loved4once
    You have a good point, but I still think it was rushed. If they had lived, they may have grown to hate each other. Then were would they be? .

Where every other married couple ends up... living together with bitter bitter lives

Newbie iluvtakuto may be famous one day iluvtakuto may be famous one day iluvtakuto's Avatar
    Arizona(it sux! i wanna move to Scotland)
    Thanks

I think it was rushed. He could have had them meet and then say like THREE MONTHES LATER....... and then they die. I love the story though. It was writen well and has a great plot. (if you can understand it) I luv depressing movies though! I luv a good, point-less cry.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

You have a good point, but I still think it was rushed. If they had lived, they may have grown to hate each other. Then were would they be? It wasn't 16-18. Juliet was 13 and Romeo was possibily 17-19. It never said how old Romeo was.
    Where are you getting this. I never heard juliet was 13. Wouldnt that be a little sick. Dam that romeo.

Edit: Your right she was 13(almost 14). Man that shakespear was a pervert. lol Sounds like some hentai?? XD
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Jan 08, 2006 at 10:39 PM.

Otaku raven2424 may be famous one day raven2424 may be famous one day raven2424's Avatar
    Thanks

i hate it and still do reason is that is a play we had to read in school write papers about and for what reason i still dont know. I have never found any of that usfull what so ever!
    Full Metal Alchemist - Anime news information and lots of fun.
    Anime Gallery - Check out the image gallery for some cool anime pictures.
    Anime Forums - Join my anime forums and help us grow while talking about what you love best anime!

champion of all champions banj_rave_03 may be famous one day banj_rave_03 may be famous one day banj_rave_03's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Innerhell
    well, the play was written a long time ago
    it's basically the archetype of all that "love in first sight" stuff
    heh, maybe it seems rushed because William Shakespeare had to keep it short
    don't want it to be too long or else his audience would get too bored for it being too dragged out
    it has a tragic ending..
    but i need you here tonight
    i need you here inside
    i need you here tonight
    i really really need you here tonight

Otaku MisMelS may be famous one day MisMelS may be famous one day MisMelS's Avatar
    In a world where I can't be hurt anymore....
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Innerhell
    lol, that's cool
    well, English literature isn't my expertise lol
    I haven't read Romeo & Juliet in years
    haven't even seen any of the movies for a long time
    so my memory is a bit fuzzy
    my head is filled with random facts about video games, anime, and music
    woo...
    thank the gods for people like you
    ahahaha. Your welcome Innerhell. Like I said, I happen to love everything about Romeo and Juliet (I actually quoted that passage from memory.) See, the way taht some of you people are about anime and manga is the way I am about plays ad movies that I really like.

THANK YOU SASURAIHELL!!! YOU ROCK!!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast