Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Romeo and Juliet

Newbie celestialcharm may be famous one day celestialcharm may be famous one day celestialcharm's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Romeo and Juliet

In my opinion, I thought this was the stupidest play!

They didn't really love each other! If they did, they would have run away! They were too materialistic. They should have just left their wealth behind, instead of contacting cousins or whatnot. I think it was probably the fact that it was forbidden that they liked each other... But, then again, I read that book two years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by kastelic4444
    Your right she was 13(almost 14). Man that shakespear was a pervert. lol Sounds like some hentai?? XD
    He wasn't exactly a pervert. Remember this book was written in the past, and she was probably the marrigable age.

Newbie loved4once may be famous one day loved4once may be famous one day loved4once's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by celestialcharm
    In my opinion, I thought this was the stupidest play!

They didn't really love each other! If they did, they would have run away! They were too materialistic. They should have just left their wealth behind, instead of contacting cousins or whatnot. I think it was probably the fact that it was forbidden that they liked each other... But, then again, I read that book two years ago.

He wasn't exactly a pervert. Remember this book was written in the past, and she was probably the marrigable age.
    Thank you!!!!! Why didn't they just run away? They loved their wealth more than each other. Oh...thats real love for you.

All is calm in this eternal sleep; here grief forgets to groan and love to weep.”
    -Alexander Pope

*My myspace*
    Check out the a cool new site for anime/manga lovers!!!
    {Anime Heaven}

Otaku Gaius Nemu may be famous one day Gaius Nemu may be famous one day Gaius Nemu's Avatar
    Thanks

The pace of the play was the whole point. Mercutio even made fun of Romeo for how fast his heart swayed in the beginning. Its a comedy making fun of lovers and how silly they can be.

Newbie loved4once may be famous one day loved4once may be famous one day loved4once's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Nemu
    The pace of the play was the whole point. Mercutio even made fun of Romeo for how fast his heart swayed in the beginning. Its a comedy making fun of lovers and how silly they can be.
    I thougt it was a tragedy?

All is calm in this eternal sleep; here grief forgets to groan and love to weep.”
    -Alexander Pope

*My myspace*
    {Anime Heaven}

Otaku Gaius Nemu may be famous one day Gaius Nemu may be famous one day Gaius Nemu's Avatar
    Thanks

Don't be silly.... If you want to read a Shakespearean tragedy, you don't have so much love involved. All his real tragedies were quests for power gone sour. Richard the III, Othello, Hamlet, and Caesar. All the comedies had love stuff, and if you look closely at them, he makes fun of them. Merchant to Venice, Midsummer's night dream....

Otaku MuMu Champion Shade/K' Heart may be famous one day Shade/K' Heart may be famous one day Shade/K' Heart's Avatar
    Thanks

A classic tale of two people doing what I wish I could only dream of doing (not dying either... )... Having hatred towards the family of others, the hearts of the two joined together. However, a curse and a feud took thier very lives.... Had they lived... then we'd never know of the two such people.... But they didn't, and never did... The only truth about the story is the love itself portrayed. Love so pure cannot be, by a human hand, broken. Love that strong can only be topped or created by God himself.

Far be it for me to be anything special, when the only special thing I desire with me, is the special person I share my gifts with.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shade/K' Heart
    A classic tale of two people doing what I wish I could only dream of doing (not dying either... )... Having hatred towards the family of others, the hearts of the two joined together. However, a curse and a feud took thier very lives.... Had they lived... then we'd never know of the two such people.... But they didn't, and never did... The only truth about the story is the love itself portrayed. Love so pure cannot be, by a human hand, broken. Love that strong can only be topped or created by God himself.
    That is beautiful the way you put it....makes me want to cry...

-Alexander Pope

*My myspace*
    {Anime Heaven}

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah...

they just wanted to do it and didn't want to go to hell...

which is why they don't love eachother... cuz in the beginging, all Romeo can talk about is how he's in love with love...

and she just... was... 13... so... booty

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast