Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: ROMs

Otaku dark_glaive may be famous one day dark_glaive may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I don't even think the moral implications of downloading old games (old being a SNES or older game) are even worth considering. At this point, the company isn't selling it, and you are only helping EB or your local used game store, not the publisher. I personally don't care about whether resellers are doing well as long as the actual game makers are still chugging along, making cash, and, most importantly, making games. In the future, as services such as Valve's Steam grow more popular, resellers will be phased out in the gaming industry. I still occasionally buy an old cartridge game if it is cheap enough and a game I really liked, but I don't go out of my way either.

EDIT:For those of you who haven't heard of Steam, it lets you buy games directly from the publisher and download it, instead of going to the store and paying a reseller for it. It saved me $8 and the time and gas I would've wasted driving to a store!
    Last edited by dark_glaive; Mar 31, 2005 at 06:50 PM.
    Dont make your sig that big again or I'll de-brain you---administration

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks
    Err ther's more thana few problems with NDS emulation, programmers are saying it'll take at least another year before DS emulation is achievable. Still, that's damn fast considering there isn't a fully functioning PS2 emulator.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3