Thread: The Ron Artest Situation and The State of Sports...

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

The Ron Artest Situation and The State of Sports...

Well the NBA suspended Artest for the rest of the season. Jermain O'Neal 25 games, Stephen Jackson 30, and Ben Wallace 6. These suspensions pretty much kill the Pacers season. They are down to just 6 healthy active players now. Only days ago they were considered a contender for a championship, now thats shattered. Anyone who has followed the NBA over the past couple season probably knows about Ron Artest and his troublesome antics on and off the court. For anyone who has seen the footage of the fight at the Pistons-Pacers game Friday night, you guys know the magnitude of this situation. It escalated from a shoving match between players to the players fighting fans in about 5 minutes. It was very ugly. Perhaps the ugliest thing to happen in sports ever! Do you think these player deserve their fines and suspensions? And players should have the presence of mind not to attack the fans but how much provocation does it take to where it is just too much? Do players have the right to defend themselves?

This isnt the only situation to happen in the last couple months either. There were two very bad situations to occur toward the end fo the baseball season that involved players fighting fans. What do you guys think can be done about this? I mean are the players safe? Are the fans safe? Something has to change.

I'm fine with the suspensions and fines given out, I think the players deserve it, and it definately feel slike these problems are starting to happen too often and too violently. What are you guys opinions? Reactions?

Newbie bone may be famous one day bone may be famous one day bone's Avatar
    Thanks
    I applaud the NBA for taking a tough stance against the players, but even as extreme as the Artest suspension seems, I don't think it could have been enough. I know fans can be stupid, but players should never enter the stands. Kick him out of the league says I. Seems the NBA has been leading up to an explosion like this for the last few years, and I honestly can't say it surprises me. I haven't really kept up with the NBA since the early 90s aside from catching the replays on ESPN, but I can't imagine this is going to help the league's image very much. Especially to people like who don't follow it closely.

Gundam Builder Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think the suspensions on thrplayers was the right thing to do. But there is only so much trash talking a person can take before they get angry. I believe fans who cause major trouble should get their season tickets taken away from them.That fight between on fridays game cause a dent in the NBA's pr (public relation for those who dont know wut pr means)

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks
    I had already made a similar post about this.

Nevertheless, the Indiana Pacers' season is over. They are #1 in the East right now, but that won't stay for long. The Pistons aren't playing as well as they should be, either. I'll be suprised if Pistons grab a spot in the playoffs over #6. I'll also be suprised if the Pacers make the playoffs, if they do, it will be the rebound after O'neal comes back.

There is only one place you need to look forward to now... Miami. The best team in the east is Miami, and they will be hot this year.

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silverskater145
    I had already made a similar post about this.
    Yeah I noticed the thread about 2 minutes after I started this one I apologize about that.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    Im suprised more than anything that Ron didn't get thrown out of the league. I hope that one day he really matures and gets everything straightened out with himself, cause what we all witnessed the other night was just horrible.....such an ugly incident that i hope isn't repeated by him or anyone else for that matter.