Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Are RPG's getting stale?

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    The trend of it will probably get a little old after awhile eventually, but what doesn't? New ideas will spark, old things will become new again, I barely play them, so I don't care.

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks
    i think that arent becoming bad. maybe a little over the top, but not like bad. i think its more along the lines of more bloody and um encouraging to do bad things, but not bad. like fable, tales of symphonia, and prince of persia 2 are a little less encouraging but good.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

AO Helper Word Slider Champion, Penguin Shot Champion, YetiSports 10 - The End Champion, Yetisports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Yetisports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion Mega may be famous one day Mega may be famous one day Mega's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Electrastar
    You're noticing this now ? I wouldn't say they're getting stale. They're the same way they always have been. Some fighting techniques change from title to title, but the basics of following a storyline and leveling up as always been classic rpg fun. I still like them. An rpg is to me, a game more worth playing. You build your characters and according to what you do, get different items and different routes to travel on. In my opinion, the day RPGs will change is the day they'll stop being popular.
    Do you really that it's o.k. that games remain the same for so long? Without someone thinking outside the box, and trying to change things, we'd all be playing E.T. on our Atari 2600's. I love RPG's, and the reason I brought this topic up is because I'm worried that if theres nothing fresh keeping the genre alive, consumers can get tired of anything, even if it's been fun for years. ex. Sega Genesis.

Otaku dark_glaive may be famous one day dark_glaive may be famous one day
    Thanks
    My roommate wants to see fighting game elements incorporated into RPG's. That could definetly spice the genre up a bit.
    Dont make your sig that big again or I'll de-brain you---administration

Otaku esthered may be famous one day esthered may be famous one day esthered's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think an RPG would be fine if it were battling, levelling up etc... But the most important thing, for me, would be the storyline, and of course, the graphics.

Of course, everyone would agree, that FF7 had one of the most unique storylines ever. The whole thing about Cloud finding himself etc etc... I think that's what I call an original RPG which would never become stale.

Therefore, RPG's wouldn't become stale, as long as creators come up with original storylines. And if they were becoming stale, I think the producers/creators would notice that and put in something different, wouldn't they? They're highly paid for some reason! ;]

Newbie Beatrix may be famous one day Beatrix may be famous one day Beatrix's Avatar
    Thanks
    I'm so tired of RPGs.But ARPGs like Parasite Eve are pretty good.

Newbie nitenwarrior may be famous one day nitenwarrior may be famous one day nitenwarrior's Avatar
    Thanks
    Ok. to answre the question. NO.

RPGS ARE NEVER STALE. its the player that's stale!

http://www.animeonline.net/gallery/s...sort=1&cat=511

Check it. That is PROOF that rpgs are never stale.

You've got guts. Now pick them up.

Fork me, baby, fork me.

Join the Mac-Panthers!

Mirri and Gerrard were kinda cute, although one was catwoman and the other captain Archer.

Newbie superperson may be famous one day superperson may be famous one day superperson's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think they are cause they're all starting to use the same ideas over and over again, it's like they can't get any new ideas.
    Sometimes we lose sight of life's simple pleasures; remember, it takes 36 muscles to frown, but it only takes 3 muscle's to extend your arm and bitch slap the person who's annoying you.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast