Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: rules

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Animewolf267
    I think there might be a little to many rules I mean what they should do is if some1 comes and posts an annoying post that they should delete the thread but dont ban the person right after that just watch that person for a while and if they do it again then ban their Ip adress for a month or so and then allow them to come back

( Yes, I am aware i will most likly get in trouble for this so I will say this, Au revoir)
    For your own information, this is one of the sites with the lowest banning rate you can find, since it was reopen I calculate that no more than 15 peoples had being banned and those who where banned acted really stupid for quite a while.... Even in the old AO there wasnt a high number of banned members....

If you even read the rules you will see that they are more of common sence than extrict guidelines, the only reason I could think about someone would be banned after their first post it could be because the member started to insult others, or it was someone previously banned and tried to fool us with another account....

I don't quite get why are you ranting about this....

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    To be honist with you AW you have posted some stupid topics in the past and your still here aren't you? So why even worry about it.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    Speaking of rules, dont you guys think there are one or two rules that is more subjective

like whether something belongs in a journal or not, and the situation of helping a new member/pseudo mod

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    pseudo modding can be stopped if people understand wat pseudo modding is. Maybe we should put something in the FAQ on what pseudo modding is for those that DON'T know

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pyoro-pyoro
    Speaking of rules, dont you guys think there are one or two rules that is more subjective

like whether something belongs in a journal or not, and the situation of helping a new member/pseudo mod
    Journal :"-Please keep any material of a personal nature (what you ate last night, how cool your crush is, playlists, character quizzes, how much you hate your life and want to die...) in your journal. Forum is for discussion only."

Basically any rant that doesnt offer a discussion point will be considered Journal material

Pseudo modding: Helping is one thing and pseudo-mod is a totally different story, when someone starts telling another members how to behave, where the threads belong, how bad their posts are, to "stay on topic", to READ THE RULES, that they will be banned, to give interpretation of the rules, ... they are pseudo-modding, besides of course of the classical "I know more than you" attitude.

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasai
    Kitsune487. I wasnt even active. I have no clue how I got banned.

I'm trying to remember the circumstances...

I want to say it had to do with the gallery but I'm not quite sure. I do remember that account getting banned, though. My next guess would be that you resurrected an insane amount of dead threads and ignored numerous warnings, but I'm not sure if that's it either.

I'll ask Gig to ban you. Maybe then it will come back to me.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Animewolf267
    I think there might be a little to many rules I mean what they should do is if some1 comes and posts an annoying post that they should delete the thread but dont ban the person right after that just watch that person for a while and if they do it again then ban their Ip adress for a month or so and then allow them to come back

( Yes, I am aware i will most likly get in trouble for this so I will say this, Au revoir)

oddly we had about 3 times as many rules in the old days. These actually ARE shaved down. So if people can't follow less than 10 rules. They probably dont even need a computer since it may be too complicated for them.

2 we dont immediately ban anyone unless they do something offensive or abusive. Just because someone makes an idiotic post doesn't get you banned. How they sometimes react to those posts however do get them banned via private messages to mods. The rules are not ironclad to the point of doom to all who hit them. Some are left to slight interpretation to a degree. But they are here as the result of over 5+ years now of dealing with people and how they act when not kept in check and given certain liberties which always end up abused. And there are plenty of lawless forums out there they can go to if they aren't too pleased with following ours. But thats not how our community has ever been. Believe me I have new mods who always have what sounds like a "good" idea until I explain to them just how many times its been tried and how miserably it fails everytime. (a.k.a. cutting off/adding certain rules which never work out)

Everyone has the right to disagree with rules. But they also have a right to go elsewhere. Its the honest truth.
    Last edited by Cybergig1; Apr 07, 2005 at 09:38 AM.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2