Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rules and regulations suggestions

Newbie Jmccormick may be famous one day Jmccormick may be famous one day Jmccormick's Avatar
    Thanks

Rules and regulations suggestions

I wanted to know if you can add rules for many things. First about introductions. I think there needs to be a new rule there like introduce once and that's all. I say this because people are gaining a very large post count by spamming in the intro thread. I think I have seen some members who joined in late October come up with about 500 posts on introductions alone. If not this, then suggesting to just eliminate the introduction thread completely like other forums have. Also, since there are some emotionally fragile people here, I believe there should be an option for if you want people to rate or comment about your gallery picture or poem or if you do not want them to. Also, I don't want to complain, but the lack of enforcing mods out there is diminishing. You need to hire some more mods since about half of them didn't come here. Pick someone who used to be a senior member from the old AO who can handle the job, and no, for some out there, I am not asking nor suggesting myself since I am relatively new to AO( I joined in september). Also, may I suggest a rule for taking some threads more seriously than others because spam related comments should be kept outside of the debate thread, suggestions thread, and advice threads(seriously, no one wants them, and they waste space and save time from replying to dumb remarks and flaming). Any type of answer(preferably from a moderator or cybergig1 or spiderweb himself) may be greatly appreciated.

-xanga(link coming soon)-blogger(link coming soon)-website(link coming soon)-profile(link coming soon)

Otaku spiderweb may be famous one day spiderweb may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Some good points there. What I will do is make it that posting in the intro thread does not count towards your post count, so as to eliminate spam threads.
    About the gallery, I am not sure if I can do that but I will take a look. I'll try and devote more time for moderating threads myself in order to keep the place a bit cleaner. Thanks for the tips

Phil J. - Phil[at]animeonline.net

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yeah I would have to agree with the intros problem and the mod porblem. Gallery. I don't understand the point of that. but hey XD

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks
    well main reason for the shortened rules is for years we had a TON of rules that was a small book. People wouldn't read them, or never read them all, or just didn't bother when they saw all the text. So by shortening them more people tended to read and if they retorted saying it was too much to read I could easily shoot back at them that it was made simple just for said reason ^_^

on the mods issue thats soon to be handled

intro spam is a constant, main thing I dont allow is the copy/pasting of the same frickin post. So long as they at least are genuinely saying hello to someone its cool as its part of the trademark. The place was very cold feeling when I locked out the old intro section to where noone could reply
    Last edited by Cybergig1; Nov 12, 2004 at 01:38 PM.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Otaku SenseiGohan may be famous one day SenseiGohan may be famous one day SenseiGohan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yeah more rules that most people will never read lol

But yes i agree on something i donno about that intro thing tho hey if someone posts hello u say hello back it;s good manners and makes people fell welcome who cares about post counts anyways..

Newbie Jmccormick may be famous one day Jmccormick may be famous one day Jmccormick's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderweb
    Some good points there. What I will do is make it that posting in the intro thread does not count towards your post count, so as to eliminate spam threads.
    About the gallery, I am not sure if I can do that but I will take a look. I'll try and devote more time for moderating threads myself in order to keep the place a bit cleaner. Thanks for the tips
    Thank you spiderweb, this way people can actually decide to really introduce insted of doing the half-ass one worded "hello", just to get a post count for it.

Cybergig1, maybe we should go with spiderweb's choice instead of eliminating the intro thread completely. Also, thanks for taking care of the mod issue.

Kamui, the thing about the gallery is that some people can't handle the score system and arguments and flaming occurs when a score goes below an eight, which is completely ridiculous. That's why that comment option should be made.
    Last edited by Jmccormick; Nov 12, 2004 at 03:01 PM.

-xanga(link coming soon)-blogger(link coming soon)-website(link coming soon)-profile(link coming soon)

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks
    I have another minor suggestion regarding rules and such.

For the trading forum, I think it needs a sticky outlining what IS legal for trading and not. People had some unclear views about it and I'm sure if a mod posted a sticky it would have more of an effect and would help people who don't know and therefore scared to trade, to be informed.

I had some people who had the notion that trading licenced material is illegal. IE: trading Retail DVDs in their original forms were illegal, etc. A clear outline would help. Thanks!
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by angelan
    For the trading forum, I think it needs a sticky outlining what IS legal for trading and not. People had some unclear views about it and I'm sure if a mod posted a sticky it would have more of an effect and would help people who don't know and therefore scared to trade, to be informed.

I've posted the AO trading rules as a stickied thread in the trading area. These are the same rules that were posted at Paleo AO.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast