Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Rurouni Kenshin

Newbie Yuki-Hime may be famous one day Yuki-Hime may be famous one day Yuki-Hime's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Rurouni Kenshin

I have seen the OVAs, and they are the greatest! The story, characters, plot, and the history is portrayed beautifully. I haven't seen the series though. Is it worth the buy?
    Do you wanna rock with me?

If you stand beside me, and love me always,
    I will make you the happiest person in the world.

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

I have sen both season and loved it 's some of the best anime iv seen,and yes it's worth it to buy Yuki-Hime.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

The series depicts the funny side of Kenshin, the life in between his journey, and introduces a few characters that were not showed in the OVA.

Season 1: Simply put, this sets path to the introduction of the characters, along with a few great fights. The Oniwaban group is also introduced. It is very entertaining, and funny.

Season 2: Great fights!!! Saitou is sooo badass. This whole season is virtually filler-free.

Season 3: I have heard that it is amazing as well, but I haven't the whole thing yet.

Hope that helps!

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

As someone who owns all 3 OVA's, the movie and the entire series allow me to elaborate. I will post in the order you should watch them.

The first 2 OVA's Trust and Betrayal are simply masterpieces. The story is amazing, very well drawn; cinematography is great (you won't notice how evident it is until the second time through). This is a must watch for anyone! I put this one first because it is the beginning of Kenshin’s life and answer a lot of questions you will have from the series.

The series, this is divided up into really 3 box sets because it is just that long! The first box set:

Rurouni Kenshin - Wandering Samurai details Kenshin’s first encounter with Kaoru, Yahiko, Sanosuke, Megumi, the Oniwabanshuu and I believe it reintroduces Saito Hajime (I may be wrong on that but it has been a while since I watched the whole series). This begins character development for the whole series and starts Kenshin on his path of “no killing”.

Rurouni Kenshin - Meiji Era Premium is the middle and has a lot of filler episodes. There are a lot of battles and some great actions so I would still very much watch this! Shishio Makoto is worth buy this part of the series if nothing else!

Rurouni Kenshin - Legend of Kyoto is where the series starts to get too long, it has really lost any character development at this point and turned into whom am I fighting next? The best part of this section of the series comes at the beginning. That should have been how the series ended as the rest of the series just got weird, but that is just my opinion.

All in all the series is quite long (95 eps) and 3 box sets which makes this a hefty buy! I believe it is worth it but be prepared for a lot of fillers and waiting though some kinda boring episodes.

Next is Rurouni Kenshin - (Samurai X: The Motion Picture), I place this one here because it is visually much like the series. The movie has a good story but for some reason the writers force this single move of Kenshin’s too heavily into the plot and that just drove me nuts! Not as good as the first OVA’s but still worth watching!

Finally is the last OVA, Rurouni Kenshin - (Samurai X: Reflection). After watching the entire series, OVA’s and movie this is a hard watch for anyone. I hated this movie because it was so hard to watch (as Kenshin is one of my favorite characters). I am not saying the OVA was bad, just that it was so hard to watch it. The visuals were crap; I have no idea why they changed some of the main characters to look like that but whatever. All in all you need to watch it just to get closure from the series but get some hankies ready.

I think the Kenshin series though long and drawn out is still very much worth having in anyone’s collection! But given how costly it can be maybe find a friend that has some of it and then you get the rest?

Otaku rksamurai may be famous one day rksamurai may be famous one day rksamurai's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Rurouni Kenshin

Any Rk Fans here???????????? (it`s my fav. anime and i hav to ask!)
    Thank you Lasura!
    My lover speaks; and he says, 'Arise my beloved my beautiful one and come!' -Song of Songs 2:10

Newbie Yuki-Hime may be famous one day Yuki-Hime may be famous one day Yuki-Hime's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kedar
    The series depicts the funny side of Kenshin, the life in between his journey, and introduces a few characters that were not showed in the OVA.

Season 1: Simply put, this sets path to the introduction of the characters, along with a few great fights. The Oniwaban group is also introduced. It is very entertaining, and funny.

Season 2: Great fights!!! Saitou is sooo badass. This whole season is virtually filler-free.

Season 3: I have heard that it is amazing as well, but I haven't the whole thing yet.

Hope that helps!
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer
    As someone who owns all 3 OVA's, the movie and the entire series allow me to elaborate. I will post in the order you should watch them.

The first 2 OVA's Trust and Betrayal are simply masterpieces. The story is amazing, very well drawn; cinematography is great (you won't notice how evident it is until the second time through). This is a must watch for anyone! I put this one first because it is the beginning of Kenshin’s life and answer a lot of questions you will have from the series.

The series, this is divided up into really 3 box sets because it is just that long! The first box set:

Rurouni Kenshin - Wandering Samurai details Kenshin’s first encounter with Kaoru, Yahiko, Sanosuke, Megumi, the Oniwabanshuu and I believe it reintroduces Saito Hajime (I may be wrong on that but it has been a while since I watched the whole series). This begins character development for the whole series and starts Kenshin on his path of “no killing”.

Rurouni Kenshin - Meiji Era Premium is the middle and has a lot of filler episodes. There are a lot of battles and some great actions so I would still very much watch this! Shishio Makoto is worth buy this part of the series if nothing else!

Rurouni Kenshin - Legend of Kyoto is where the series starts to get too long, it has really lost any character development at this point and turned into whom am I fighting next? The best part of this section of the series comes at the beginning. That should have been how the series ended as the rest of the series just got weird, but that is just my opinion.

All in all the series is quite long (95 eps) and 3 box sets which makes this a hefty buy! I believe it is worth it but be prepared for a lot of fillers and waiting though some kinda boring episodes.

Next is Rurouni Kenshin - (Samurai X: The Motion Picture), I place this one here because it is visually much like the series. The movie has a good story but for some reason the writers force this single move of Kenshin’s too heavily into the plot and that just drove me nuts! Not as good as the first OVA’s but still worth watching!

Finally is the last OVA, Rurouni Kenshin - (Samurai X: Reflection). After watching the entire series, OVA’s and movie this is a hard watch for anyone. I hated this movie because it was so hard to watch (as Kenshin is one of my favorite characters). I am not saying the OVA was bad, just that it was so hard to watch it. The visuals were crap; I have no idea why they changed some of the main characters to look like that but whatever. All in all you need to watch it just to get closure from the series but get some hankies ready.

I think the Kenshin series though long and drawn out is still very much worth having in anyone’s collection! But given how costly it can be maybe find a friend that has some of it and then you get the rest?

m^.^m. Really good information. Thank you. I totally forgot to look back at my last post. Arigatou, both of you. Forgot to tell last time, I have also seen the movie, though the fights and theme were great, it was missing something.

Thanks

No poking please! Yes, I have enjoyed the whole series till the end, but I have a lot more to see. I am a fan of that show.

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

i'm a rurouni kenshiin fan as well! a rurouni kenshin thread already exists, so please use this thread instead

Rurouni Kenshin

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast