Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: *Salivates* (Age of The Empires)

Otaku roger_smith may be famous one day roger_smith may be famous one day roger_smith's Avatar
    Thanks
    It does look alot better but I have to agree with tva the series gets boring really fast. Warcraft is much better in my opinion. I wonder why they nevr made a revolutionary type civilation game that would (could) be fun probably wouldn't sell though.
    This pain is sratching at my bone.
    And this Loneliness won't leave me alone.

Otaku thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roger_smith
    It does look alot better but I have to agree with tva the series gets boring really fast. Warcraft is much better in my opinion. I wonder why they nevr made a revolutionary type civilation game that would (could) be fun probably wouldn't sell though.
    Very True!
    "You have the strength and power to control your own destinies...and that is the greatest gift of all." ~Lucia

Newbie Sevothtarte may be famous one day Sevothtarte may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Was anyone able to dig up any tech/system specifications for this game?

I had no luck finding them, but I'd definately be looking forward to the game having known ahead of time that my computer can run it.

Edit:

"These are not confirmed, but the requirements will be something like this"

Minimum system requirements:

- Microsoft Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP
    - 128 MB of RAM
    - Pentium 800 MHz or equivalent
    - 64 MB 3D video card
    - 1.5 GB of free hard disk space
    - 32x CD-ROM drive
    - DirectX 8.0 compatible sound card
    - 56 kbps Internet connection for online play

Recommended system requirements:

- 512 MB of RAM
    - 2.0 Ghz CPU
    - 128 MB 3D video card
    Last edited by Sevothtarte; May 23, 2005 at 10:58 AM.

Newbie LShadows may be famous one day LShadows may be famous one day LShadows's Avatar
    Thanks
    I have been keeping up to date with this game for a while now. I have been a huge fan since Age of Empires came out. It can get boring, and usually does for me after a few months, but its one of those games where I just need a break and then start playing it again. It helps that my husband and I play against eachother.

the new graphics and physics for AOEIII are amazing. I was reading up on it, and love how much detail they put in to the water. With the ripples, the sun glistening off of it, and how the shadows move depending on what direction you are looking at a boat of other object. I am quite happy to hear about them adding the rag-doll effect to the game. Now the canon ball doesnt just hit an enemy and they plop to the ground. Now the people get thrown in different directions. The canons will also bounce and ricochet. As well as the detail I read that canons will also knock down trees. There is a lot more detail.

Im going to have to upgrade my computer before it comes out, but once I do this is one game I will definately be purchasing.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    It does look damn nice but the Total War series superceded AOE for me.
    Maybe this one will ring me back... Until the next Red Alert is released.

Newbie lil'applsaus may be famous one day lil'applsaus may be famous one day lil'applsaus's Avatar
    Thanks
    YES! I have been on the AoE train since the first was released ^_^ my older brother and I used to play multi all the time... now we have been reduced to play only a couple of games when I go up to Ft. Worth, or he comes down to Pville... I still love the game though... and it's definately on my to buy list, second only to guildwars for the moment ^_^
    "Its just a sweater."
    "MONKEYS!"
    "There are two kinds of people..."

Otaku Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael may be famous one day Ishamael's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roger_smith
    Ever heard of FreeCiv, its not revolutionary, but I assure you. Many people play it.
    "Who said I'm pissed?" - Silverskater145
    "That gigantic wall of text you posted did a pretty good job of it." - Raven Omega

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2