Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Samurai 7

Otaku Fallen Hero may be famous one day Fallen Hero may be famous one day Fallen Hero's Avatar
    Thanks

Samurai 7

I saw a trailer for it and it looked sweet. Can anyone tell me if it is worth buying?

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Samurai 7

It is a pretty amazing show. I have also seen the trailer and was impressed. But, Samurai Gun was neat as well. However, I think both are unique and cool in their own ways. I am not sure if it is worth the money because I haven't seen an episode.
    Last edited by kedar; Nov 20, 2005 at 03:24 PM.

Otaku Fallen Hero may be famous one day Fallen Hero may be famous one day Fallen Hero's Avatar
    Thanks

How does it rank next to Ruroni Kenshin? If you haven't seen it then on a scale of one to ten how good is Samrai Gun.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

These shows compare no where to Rurouni Kenshin.........but they are different. I will give Samurai Gun an eight, it is a pretty good series. If you like a Samurai, who uses a gun instead of a sword-------then you will like it. It also has some sword fights though. Samurai Gun is very popular at my place..........dudes here are obsessed with it.

Thanks

It is hard to compete with Kenshin. About how many episodes are there?

Thanks

I think there are more 12 episodes by now, but I have only seen the first three. The DVDs are pretty expensive here....................

Here is website that gives the synopsis of the first four episodes:

http://www.armchairempire.com/AnimeR...i-gun-vol1.htm

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

If you've seen (and enjoyed) the Kurosawa film 'The Seven Samurai' then go out and immediatly buy this series!!! If you've haven't seen the classic film, then you should rent the Kurosawa movie first, and decide if you like the classic 'bushido samurai' genre first, (as bushido honor code is a definite acquired taste...)

Samurai Seven is a direct porting of the original 'Seven Samurai' story into a futuristic Sci-Fi settings. There are some new character to the series (it is, after all a 26 episode anime series), but variations of all the original Samurai characters are present...

As far as ranking goes, The artwork and story of Samurai 7 is much better then Rurouni Kenshin, and on a scale of 1 to 10, Samurai Gun might rank a 1 or a 2...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

If you've seen (and enjoyed) the Kurosawa film 'The Seven Samurai' then go out and immediatly buy this series!!! If you've haven't seen the classic film, then you should rent the Kurosawa movie first, and decide if you like the classic 'bushido samurai' genre first, (as bushido honor code is a definite acquired taste...)

Samurai Seven is a direct porting of the original 'Seven Samurai' story into a futuristic Sci-Fi settings. There are some new character to the series (it is, after all a 26 episode anime series), but variations of all the original Samurai characters are present...

As far as ranking goes, The artwork and story of Samurai 7 is much better then Rurouni Kenshin, and on a scale of 1 to 10, Samurai Gun might rank a 1 or a 2...
    WOW!!! never thought that Samurai Gun had such low ratings...........then again....I haven't seen the whole thing. But, I cannot believe that Samurai 7 is better than Rurouni Kenshin. Then I might have to look that up.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast