Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Samurai 7

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Samurai 7

Quote Originally Posted by kedar
    These shows compare no where to Rurouni Kenshin.........but they are different. I will give Samurai Gun an eight, it is a pretty good series. If you like a Samurai, who uses a gun instead of a sword-------then you will like it. It also has some sword fights though. Samurai Gun is very popular at my place..........dudes here are obsessed with it.
    Personally Samurai Gun is a load of utter crap. It is highly predictable, has lousy character development with pitiful attempts at drama that are completely illogical. The dialog is ^%$^ this and %$% that because the writers completely lack a broad range in diction, this is not something that after I saw the first disk I would even consider watching any further. But that is my opinion, PM me and I will explain in greater detail the problems with any of these areas.

ANN Series Synopsis
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=4500

ANN First DVD Review
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/revi...lay.php?id=834

As for Samurai Seven I love the series and would highly recommend it to anyone. It is not like RK as RK was more traditional in nature and S7 is more futuristic. The art is great, and the story is pretty good.

ANN Series Synopsis
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=3127

ANN First DVD Review
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/revi...lay.php?id=845

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Of the best animated sword fights that I've seen, the best ones are in 'Samurai 7' and 'Jubei-chan 2' and for 'bushido code' samurai films, there are good reasons why Kurosawa became the first Japanese director to gain world wide fame in the movie industry. And GONZO Studios spent three times the normal anime budget for 'Samurai 7' as part of their 10 year aniversery series productions...

Samurai Gun on the other hand, is a series that refuses to let historical accuracy get in the way of telling a story. The character designs for the series reminds me of something that might have come out of Gigantor and Giant Robo, with limited detail.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Whoa...........I see. Then, Samurai Gun sucks bigtime. As I said I have only seen the first three episodes..........and I thought it was Ok, but not crap. Maybe an eight for the rating was too much. Sorry if I have misled you, so take the word of LenMiyata-garu and chiefblackhammer. They know better.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kedar
    Whoa...........I see. Then, Samurai Gun sucks bigtime. As I said I have only seen the first three episodes..........and I thought it was Ok, but not crap. Maybe an eight for the rating was too much. Sorry if I have misled you, so take the word of LenMiyata-garu and chiefblackhammer. They know better.

It is all personal preference, just cause I don't like it doesn't mean someone else won't. I just offered my opinion and some links to other information about the series.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer
    It is all personal preference, just cause I don't like it doesn't mean someone else won't. I just offered my opinion and some links to other information about the series.
    I understand, dude. Thank you..........but mine was just a one dude's opinion. Hearing it from you and LenMiyata-garu, it must be true, but I understand that one has to see it with their own eyes to judge something.

Otaku Fallen Hero may be famous one day Fallen Hero may be famous one day Fallen Hero's Avatar
    Thanks

So basicly Samurai Gun is not worth my money but Samurai 7 can stand up to kenshin in some ways.

Newbie Red X may be famous one day Red X may be famous one day Red X's Avatar
    Thanks

o_o

Hey hey, then again, if you ARE interested in sword fighting or samurai stuff, then yeah go with Samurai 7. (I have seen the first 2 episodes but I dunno, it got me alil bored).

Then there's Jubei Chan 2. I seriously love the fighting sequence and art work in that anime. Although, I'm not quite fond of the comedy cause... well it kind of annoys me. However, that is because I saw it dubbed with the english voice cast and so on and so forth. Um. About Samurai Gun, you know I was interested in that series, but after hearing alot of bad reviews (and not just here), I kind of turn my head away whenever I see any Samurai Gun dvd's.

Hey there's also Samurai Champloo. ^-^

Newbie ryan_logan360 may be famous one day ryan_logan360 may be famous one day
    Thanks

well if you haven't seen samurai 7 your nuts, well the first 2 volumes that are out any way. Its one of the best animes I've seen, you gota check it out. I also liked samurai gun, its true its not a show stopper but its still worth watching. Jubei Chan 2 is also very good.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast