Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Samurai 7

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Samurai 7

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Hero
    So basicly Samurai Gun is not worth my money but Samurai 7 can stand up to kenshin in some ways.
    I guess that is the fact of the matter.............but Samurai Gun is ok to have a look at. But, definitely try Samuari 7.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Like I said before... Bushido Samurai genre is an acquired taste. For some people it's great, and for others, it just rubs them the wrong way... But the original 'Seven Samurai' was considered such a movie classic, it inspired (with almost scene by scene copy) the cowboy movie classic 'The Magnificent Seven'. With 'Samurai Seven', it's almost a requirement to see the original 'Seven Samurai' movie first, as it's more fun guessing what original role the anime samurai represent, as their introduced one by one...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Like I said before... Bushido Samurai genre is an acquired taste. For some people it's great, and for others, it just rubs them the wrong way... But the original 'Seven Samurai' was considered such a movie classic, it inspired (with almost scene by scene copy) the cowboy movie classic 'The Magnificent Seven'. With 'Samurai Seven', it's almost a requirement to see the original 'Seven Samurai' movie first, as it's more fun guessing what original role the anime samurai represent, as their introduced one by one...
    WOW!!! Samurai 7 sounds like a superb movie. Thanks for letting me know...........I would have never known about it, if you haven't mentioned it. I have seen all of the new ones...........but should never forget the great classics. Old is gold.

Otaku Fallen Hero may be famous one day Fallen Hero may be famous one day Fallen Hero's Avatar
    Thanks

Then I will definately try out Samurai 7. If I don't agree with what has been said about it then I won't buy anymore. Simple really.

Otaku sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9's Avatar
    Thanks

I really like Kurosawa films, and I was psyched for Samurai 7 when it came out. The art is top notch, direction is good, and story (albeit borrowed) solid. WHY then do I feel like I'm slogging through it when I watch it?! I watched a few episodes, and now I'm taking time off. Maybe later I'll be ready for it. It could be that, having seen the movie, I'm impatient for the plot to unfold as I expect. Samurai 7 may not be as famous as Trigun or Inuyasha, but it will hold a high status in anime years from now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3