Thread: Samurai 7 & Samurai Champloo

Otaku Seshoumaru may be famous one day Seshoumaru may be famous one day Seshoumaru's Avatar
    Thanks

Samurai 7 & Samurai Champloo

Was wondering if anyone is watching Samurai 7. I am and I love it! I also watched the movie it is based on and I must say that the anime follows it closely. Also the music is very good especially in the fightscenes.

Anyway... there also was Samurai Champloo... it ended already, but Samurai 7 is still airing and in the old AO there was this thread about which of the two "samurai anime" would be better. But that was in the beginning when only the first 2 eps were out. Now that Champloo ended and Samurai 7 is around ep 16, I think we can make a better judgement. Yes, I know... the two are quite different from each other, but still....

I think that Samurai 7 has a better story and characterdevelopment, while Champloo has better fights and even better music. The comedy appealed to me too, where Samurai 7 is more serious. But still, I think both series are good and I'm curious at what you're thinking...

Newbie Kypt may be famous one day Kypt may be famous one day Kypt's Avatar
    Thanks
    I love Samurai Champloo but I believe it hasn't really "ended". Directly from Animenfo.com:

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeNfo.com
    * The current broadcaster only licensed up to 17 episodes. The series will be re-aired on BS-I soon for the full 26 episodes.
    Can't wait to see it all

Otaku dave_akuma may be famous one day dave_akuma may be famous one day dave_akuma's Avatar
    Thanks
    these 2 series are very different---since Samurai 7 is based on the old Kurosawa movie (which i still wanna see) it's more serious whereas Champloo is a bit more off-the-wall, with the hip-hop and all that tied in to it...both are good in their own way, really....

Newbie j12on may be famous one day j12on may be famous one day j12on's Avatar
    Thanks
    i have watched both so far as they've come out and i can't wait for the new episodes of Samurai Champloo in january, i believe. Samurai 7 and Samurai Champloo are too different yet both very worthwhile especially if you like Samurai themed animes, as i did. Watch them both and you wont be dissapointed.

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks
    they are both great

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Otaku Seshoumaru may be famous one day Seshoumaru may be famous one day Seshoumaru's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yup... couldn't agree with you more... just two great titles!