Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Samurai Champloo [from the creator of Cowboy Bebop]

Newbie Lady Symphony may be famous one day Lady Symphony may be famous one day Lady Symphony's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yep, i say so far episode 1 rocks, Mugen always calls her dumb chick...which i find very funny. But Fuu seems like one of those common girl characters that all they are good at is getting into trouble, like getting kidnapped or always in the way.

'Sexy Lady'
    Credit to: jaderabbit for the picture

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks
    seems like we both have something in commom don't you think (we like Samurai Champloo ) lol, isn't Mugen kinda of criminal

Otaku Lady Sasumi may be famous one day Lady Sasumi may be famous one day Lady Sasumi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Wow, this conversations gone pretty spamy.

Anyways, like I said before. The guy in the glasses is dreamy, however, the plot reminds me of Kenshin, except not as good as Kenshin, and the music sucks.

Newbie Lady Symphony may be famous one day Lady Symphony may be famous one day Lady Symphony's Avatar
    Thanks
    Actaully yes, He came from this place (anime block), so he wasn't a criminal back then, now he is yay! Lol, but Mugen is such a hormonial person with chicks man...sees a hot chick already he wants to get laid. Jin I fell sorry for him...men keep on hitting on him...lol

'Sexy Lady'
    Credit to: jaderabbit for the picture

Newbie yum9 may be famous one day yum9 may be famous one day yum9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Jin is crazy, and Mugen rocks, but the best fighter was the blind girl (she's only in an episode or two) that nearly killed both Jin and Mugen. It was a crazy fight, Mugen vs. the blind girl that rocked.

About the music, I think it was good. There are some odd tracks, but most of it works.

By the way, about the time setting of Samurai Champloo (I apologize if this is off topic) isn't it very close to that of Rurouni Kenshin? I know Samurai Champloo is set in the Edo period (pretty sure) but I don't know when Rurouni Kenshin is.

Otaku esthered may be famous one day esthered may be famous one day esthered's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yes, that blind girl was fantastic. But it was only because Jin and Mugen were both too opposing to her actions, if you now what I mean. Anyway, Samurai Champloo is by far one of the best Anime I've seen so far. I agree that the sword fights are more stylish than RK, but the movements are too fast.

Fuu is great as a balancer between the two conflicting personalities of Jin and Mugen. I really hopes she gets romantically involved with one of them or whatever. But, hey, ask Mr. Watanabe for a second season!

Otaku thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud's Avatar
    Thanks
    All I can say is it is really good they show it on Jcon on fridays on campus here.
    "You have the strength and power to control your own destinies...and that is the greatest gift of all." ~Lucia

Newbie LShadows may be famous one day LShadows may be famous one day LShadows's Avatar
    Thanks
    Great anime. I was skeptical at first, but after watching the first episode I was hooked. Like was said, the balance of the characters is what made it great. With the serious Jin, the perverted Mugen, and fuu (I would love to see a woman who could eat as much as her). I loved how they set it in such an older era, but modernized it with hip-hop.

There are many things to talk about, but dont want to spoil it for anyone. With Jins past coming out, as well as Mugens (you see a bit of a softer side for like a sec lol). Episodes get serious more at the end, but it still breaks up with some humor here and there.

I remember Fuu saying she was 15 in the series. I think it was during the diary reading, but cant remember.

The episode with the blind woman would have to be one of my faves. That girl was amazing and was a real treat to watch the fight scenes in that episode.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast