Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Samurai Champloo! Yay! On AS Tongiht!!

Newbie Kina_Takegami =^.^= may be famous one day Kina_Takegami =^.^= may be famous one day Kina_Takegami =^.^='s Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Samurai Champloo! Yay! On AS Tongiht!!

Yay! Samurai Champloo comes on tonight on AS! I can barely contain my excitement!!! *jumps up and down repeatedly*.... eheheheh...whoops...lol. anyway...what do you guys think of it? oh yes funny story....

I was talking about it the other day on the phone to my friend...I got off the phone and then (for some weird reason) started talking to my grandmom about it...then she goes "What's Samurai Shampoo???" Ha Ha...

I'm sorry...^ i just found that way too funny... Anyway...Metropolis also comes on tonigh! Yes! Today (tonight) is a good day (night) to be alive! lol...
    [*sig image removed for being too tall. Please refer to the site rules for maximum allowable sig size.*]
    Awww...Isn't it cute!
    "Stay on my good side or I'll scratch your eyes out!"

Otaku Wrath may be famous one day Wrath may be famous one day Wrath's Avatar
    Thanks
    Im really mad!!! They actually didnt show the new Full Metal Alchemist for Metropolis!! Thats evil!! Im so sad....now I have to wait till next weekend, ssssoooooooooo long!!
    -Maximum dimensions for signatures is 110(height)x450(width), maximum file size is 150kb. ONE IMAGE ONLY!

Otaku TallonKarrde23 may be famous one day TallonKarrde23 may be famous one day TallonKarrde23's Avatar
    Thanks
    Im really mad...but only because they are having Champloo on that horrid channel. Oh well, it was inevitable, just like Bleach will be on it once its licensed and dubbed =/ Damn.

Otaku death_knight may be famous one day death_knight may be famous one day death_knight's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TallonKarrde23
    Im really mad...but only because they are having Champloo on that horrid channel. Oh well, it was inevitable, just like Bleach will be on it once its licensed and dubbed =/ Damn.
    Yeh it really does sux doesn't it. They're gonna destroy the essence of the anime. i really dont watch anime on CN. i rather watch it in jap it feels proper
    Opensources is where my heart is
    Ishida Uryuu - The true one winged angel

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks
    What's so bad about it?
    I would love to watch Samurai Champloo, even dubbed...
    You guys are increbiably forunate to many so many different anime titles shown on TV.
    I can count on one hand the anime that has been shown on TV in Australia in the last 6 years. At the moment all we have is Trigun and Orphen (for the millionth time each) and One Piece (4 Kids version)

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Otaku TallonKarrde23 may be famous one day TallonKarrde23 may be famous one day TallonKarrde23's Avatar
    Thanks
    No we arnt fortunate.

Back when anime was underground I had the same amount of manga and anime i do now (its called goi. Theres no reason to be showing it on TV...ANYONE HERE has the internet or else they woudlnt be here...thusly you CAN download raw's and fansubs and the same for manga. So saying things like were lucky is untrue, everyone has the equal opportunity to the same stuff, some just dont use that opportunity. Back to it being on tv (which by god, they ruin it) - I know AS supposedly "doesnt edit" but they do. And they show everything dubbed, and MOST dubs are horrible. Not to mention it just makes idiots who watch Naruto and Inuyasha think OMG IM SO COOL I WATCHED THIS SHOW AND I BET NOONE ELSE DID

Not to mention they all think that the show is NEW....SORRY, CHAMPLOO IS LIKE 2 YEARS OLD. But no....still, to forums theres waves of idiots who come running "omg maeugen ish sho hot and s3sxy im kewol cause i wathed samrrai campo and no u r wrng it s nuw" and crap like that.

And yes, i buy japanese manga and R2 dvd's along with my english version stuff. Just so noone asks any kind of question like "how did u have that much stuff when it was underground because the internet wasnt as big" ...that and they still had kazaa back then which had anime.

To sum it all up

1. I dont actually mind the editing or anything, fine, its tv, i understand.
    2. Fine be dubbed, i hate dubs but i understand, most annoying people here in america would whine and cry about how they have to read (which MOST PEOPLE HERE CANT DO so its funny, atleast to me)

But the MAIN thing that pisses me off about anime being on TV is all the newbs and idiots it creates. I cant go a single day without hearing something stupid about a show on there. THE SHOWS ARE OLD AND CRAPPY, GET OVER IT AND WATCH SOMETHING NEW

But ok, i understand that to, they are just stupid. Fine.

But then they tell me im wrong about stuff when i was watching the show years before they even heard of it. Thats just annoying.

sorry i started ranting, ill stop
    Last edited by TallonKarrde23; May 14, 2005 at 11:34 PM.

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Firstly not everyone has acess to an internet connection/speed/bandwith or a working computer that is capable, to download fansubs from the internet.
    I for one don't... and most importantly, downloading a licensed anime (which Samurai Champloo is) is not only illegal, but it doesn't in the slighest support the people who made the anime in the first place. Same goes with manga.

Secondly... I myself don't like many dubs either, but there are quite a few out there that are pretty good (and alot of those have been shown on American TV too - Wolfs Rain, Last Exile and FLCL come to mind) I'm a dub supporter for the most part, and I believe just because you're seen 'one bad dub' (Card Captor Sakura comes to mind) that's no reason to simply assume that ALL dubs are bad. I can only name a few dub that I throught were horrid, and can count them on one hand.
    I would rather see a show dubbed rather than not at all, and that is my reality, and I pretty sure that's the reality of many other people too. If I don't buy the DVDs, I don't see it at all. That's the reality of my situlation.

Thirdly... showing anime on TV does create idiots. Just look at the majority of the Inu Yasha fans you find online (no offense) but the more 'idiots' it creates, and the more popular anime gets, more anime and more manga will thus be released in America. And more anime getting released in America, no only benfits America anime fans, but Anime fans in the entire English speaking world. It's a good thing.... the mass amounts of the 'Idiots' is only downside to an otherwise good thing. The end justifies the means so to speak.

It's a good thing. I see Anime on TV as nothing but that... if SBS never showed Evangelion on TV out here 7 years ago, Anime would never be popular here, where Anime as a fandom over here is now rivalling America's.

And that's what I think. ^^
    Now I think we should stop this before this thread goes off topic ne?

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Otaku AnimeAficianado may be famous one day AnimeAficianado may be famous one day AnimeAficianado's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TallonKarrde23
    THE SHOWS ARE OLD AND CRAPPY, GET OVER IT AND WATCH SOMETHING NEW
    Dude i would but there is no way to that i know, i got DVD's thats it, otherwise I would love to have Anime Network, anyone here have it by the way? How is it? What shows are on? How good are the shows? They new? They old? Fill me in please...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast