Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Samurai Champloo! Yay! On AS Tongiht!!

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    Ye samurai champloo was awesome... loved it, loved the style, EXCELLENT ANime !!
    ^^, but no need to argue about how awesome it is ^^,
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jaderabbit
    Ye samurai champloo was awesome... loved it, loved the style, EXCELLENT ANime !!
    ^^, but no need to argue about how awesome it is ^^,
    couldnt have said it better myself
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Otaku TallonKarrde23 may be famous one day TallonKarrde23 may be famous one day TallonKarrde23's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikari Sakurai
    Firstly not everyone has acess to an internet connection/speed/bandwith or a working computer that is capable, to download fansubs from the internet.
    I for one don't... and most importantly, downloading a licensed anime (which Samurai Champloo is) is not only illegal, but it doesn't in the slighest support the people who made the anime in the first place. Same goes with manga.
    Uh....you can even download anime on DIAL UP, ive done it. Its possible.

And downloading "licensed anime" is illegal, yes. But thats why you download it BEFORE its licensed. Just like the manga. Its not illegal to download raw's of shows US companies know less then i do about. Nor to download fansubs of the same.

And if you somehow still cant download stuff. Too bad =/ Maybe you should buy a computer that works, its only like 400 bucks for a new moderate one thats better then what i have.

Secondly... I myself don't like many dubs either, but there are quite a few out there that are pretty good (and alot of those have been shown on American TV too - Wolfs Rain, Last Exile and FLCL come to mind) I'm a dub supporter for the most part, and I believe just because you're seen 'one bad dub' (Card Captor Sakura comes to mind) that's no reason to simply assume that ALL dubs are bad. I can only name a few dub that I throught were horrid, and can count them on one hand.
    I would rather see a show dubbed rather than not at all, and that is my reality, and I pretty sure that's the reality of many other people too. If I don't buy the DVDs, I don't see it at all. That's the reality of my situlation.
    Sorry, i watch everything dubbed (the entirety of it too, not just one or two episodes) atleast once so that i have actual reason to say "almost all dubs are bad". Because ive heard a hell of a lot of dubs, so i can say that.

Thirdly... showing anime on TV does create idiots. Just look at the majority of the Inu Yasha fans you find online (no offense) but the more 'idiots' it creates, and the more popular anime gets, more anime and more manga will thus be released in America. And more anime getting released in America, no only benfits America anime fans, but Anime fans in the entire English speaking world. It's a good thing.... the mass amounts of the 'Idiots' is only downside to an otherwise good thing. The end justifies the means so to speak.
    it doesnt benefit me at all Like i said, i still have the same amount of anime and manga coming in constantly as i did when it was a very underground thing here in the US. So really, theres no downside for me if anime wasnt licensed.

It's a good thing. I see Anime on TV as nothing but that... if SBS never showed Evangelion on TV out here 7 years ago, Anime would never be popular here, where Anime as a fandom over here is now rivalling America's.
    This isnt as serious - but i love how all the anime fans out here like to hide that they like anime, lol. If you like something, why hide it from people =/

NOW we should stop this.

And its on topic so its not that bad, its just more of a general view on the topic then one pertaining only to it. So it should be ok. If not, sorry for getting your thread closed, whoever started this thread!
    Last edited by TallonKarrde23; May 15, 2005 at 10:36 AM.

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks
    I'm not going to say anymore.... because whatever I say, we'll never agree.
    What I posted was my view on the whole situlation, and I stick to it regardless, and still believe it to be true. However everyone has different opinions.
    So let's agree to disagree ne? ^_^

Otherwise I can see this thread being hijacked into the neverending - Fansubs vs Anime DVDs.... or Dub vs Sub debate.

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Newbie Atsumori may be famous one day Atsumori may be famous one day Atsumori's Avatar
    Thanks
    i watched the adult swin version of samurai champloo, it was good, i recommend it to those who haven't seen the jap version

Otaku TakuHonji may be famous one day TakuHonji may be famous one day TakuHonji's Avatar
    Thanks
    I watched Samurai Champloo and it is FREAKIN AWESOME!!!

Ones life is too short to move like a mortal
    Live by the sword
    Die by the sword
    Stay in the shadows

Newbie Kina_Takegami =^.^= may be famous one day Kina_Takegami =^.^= may be famous one day Kina_Takegami =^.^='s Avatar
    Thanks

Unhappy

yeah it rocks...i suppose it was a bad idea to post about if its "so old" and i'm such a "newb"...you guys can close this thread it's pointless...sorry for waisting you guys' time...
    [*sig image removed for being too tall. Please refer to the site rules for maximum allowable sig size.*]
    Awww...Isn't it cute!
    "Stay on my good side or I'll scratch your eyes out!"

Newbie Mortischild_666 may be famous one day Mortischild_666 may be famous one day Mortischild_666's Avatar
    Thanks

Life without light is a life among darkness - Mortischild_666

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast