Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Samurai Champloo! Yay! On AS Tongiht!!

Newbie Ed_Elrich may be famous one day Ed_Elrich may be famous one day
    Thanks

Hehe

Well after watching the episode I have to say that it is obvious who made this series, as it is very Cowboy Beebop esc. It is pretty awesome. I will reserve my final judgement for the series however, until i see more than one episode of it.

Here's hoping it remains cool

Peace Out

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    It surpised me as to how good it was but if the show wants to rely on the hip-hop style gimmick then it needs more of hip-hop in it.

Also, I'm tired of hearing Spike Siegel's voice(the voice actor that does his voice) in almost every anime I see, even this one. There has to be more actors than the same group of people. Full Metal Alchemist even had some new voice actors.
    Last edited by False Truth; May 17, 2005 at 08:06 PM.

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

Otaku Lady Sasumi may be famous one day Lady Sasumi may be famous one day Lady Sasumi's Avatar
    Thanks
    I remember I clicked on the show, and I watched it however, I can't remember much about it.

Quote Originally Posted by False Truth
    Also, I'm tired of hearing Spike Siegel's voice(the voice actor that does his voice) in almost every anime I see, even this one. There has to be more actors than the same group of people. Full Metal Alchemist even had some new voice actors.
    David Lucas, he has a really great voice, I love to hear it. So maybe thats why he is in a lot of animes, because he has a great voice. I think he also does the 711 commericals. Not sure on that though.

Unless your are talking about the movie, because Steve Blum was Spikes voice in the Moive.
    Last edited by Lady Sasumi; May 17, 2005 at 10:16 PM.

Newbie Mugen may be famous one day Mugen may be famous one day Mugen's Avatar
    Thanks
    A very kick ass show, yep. I have the whole series, I really hope theres more to come, the last ep leaves so many options. Overall, it was a great experience.

Newbie datapimp may be famous one day datapimp may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TallonKarrde23
    No we arnt fortunate.

Back when anime was underground I had the same amount of manga and anime i do now (its called goi. Theres no reason to be showing it on TV...ANYONE HERE has the internet or else they woudlnt be here...thusly you CAN download raw's and fansubs and the same for manga. So saying things like were lucky is untrue, everyone has the equal opportunity to the same stuff, some just dont use that opportunity. Back to it being on tv (which by god, they ruin it) - I know AS supposedly "doesnt edit" but they do. And they show everything dubbed, and MOST dubs are horrible. Not to mention it just makes idiots who watch Naruto and Inuyasha think OMG IM SO COOL I WATCHED THIS SHOW AND I BET NOONE ELSE DID

Not to mention they all think that the show is NEW....SORRY, CHAMPLOO IS LIKE 2 YEARS OLD. But no....still, to forums theres waves of idiots who come running "omg maeugen ish sho hot and s3sxy im kewol cause i wathed samrrai campo and no u r wrng it s nuw" and crap like that.

And yes, i buy japanese manga and R2 dvd's along with my english version stuff. Just so noone asks any kind of question like "how did u have that much stuff when it was underground because the internet wasnt as big" ...that and they still had kazaa back then which had anime.

To sum it all up

1. I dont actually mind the editing or anything, fine, its tv, i understand.
    2. Fine be dubbed, i hate dubs but i understand, most annoying people here in america would whine and cry about how they have to read (which MOST PEOPLE HERE CANT DO so its funny, atleast to me)

But the MAIN thing that pisses me off about anime being on TV is all the newbs and idiots it creates. I cant go a single day without hearing something stupid about a show on there. THE SHOWS ARE OLD AND CRAPPY, GET OVER IT AND WATCH SOMETHING NEW

But ok, i understand that to, they are just stupid. Fine.

But then they tell me im wrong about stuff when i was watching the show years before they even heard of it. Thats just annoying.

sorry i started ranting, ill stop
    Man, what a bitch... Elitist assholes like you make the forums a pain to read. For anyone just getting into anime this is a great start, I personally think it rocks the ****ing house and after the first episode I knew I was in loooove, immediatly went out and got the rest of the series. So yeah, you need to choke and die asshole. I may be new to anime but I can enjoy it just like everyone else. I enjoyed it immensly and if it's so 'OLD' then how come most of the major anime forums don't even have it listed in by series discussion yet ? For most people it's brand spanking new, and it rules. In closing, go die in a hole.

Newbie datapimp may be famous one day datapimp may be famous one day
    Thanks
    To elaborate in a more positive note ; The characters are simply great, well developed with diverse personalities that match togather quite well. Almost feels like you really get to know them, watanabe (sp?) always seems to do a great job with this. The stories are both intense but have welcomed splotches of comedy mixed in. The scenery is amazing, the job the artists did on the sunsets, beach scenes, and cannabis feilds (hehe) was simply devine. The hiphop music cuts are hilarious and also fit quite well with the swordplay and how the scenes are 'cut' togather. All in all I would rate this 10 out of 10, It rocked. Simple as that.

Newbie auron855 may be famous one day auron855 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikari Sakurai
    Firstly not everyone has acess to an internet connection/speed/bandwith or a working computer that is capable, to download fansubs from the internet.
    I for one don't... and most importantly, downloading a licensed anime (which Samurai Champloo is) is not only illegal, but it doesn't in the slighest support the people who made the anime in the first place. Same goes with manga.

Secondly... I myself don't like many dubs either, but there are quite a few out there that are pretty good (and alot of those have been shown on American TV too - Wolfs Rain, Last Exile and FLCL come to mind) I'm a dub supporter for the most part, and I believe just because you're seen 'one bad dub' (Card Captor Sakura comes to mind) that's no reason to simply assume that ALL dubs are bad. I can only name a few dub that I throught were horrid, and can count them on one hand.
    I would rather see a show dubbed rather than not at all, and that is my reality, and I pretty sure that's the reality of many other people too. If I don't buy the DVDs, I don't see it at all. That's the reality of my situlation.

Thirdly... showing anime on TV does create idiots. Just look at the majority of the Inu Yasha fans you find online (no offense) but the more 'idiots' it creates, and the more popular anime gets, more anime and more manga will thus be released in America. And more anime getting released in America, no only benfits America anime fans, but Anime fans in the entire English speaking world. It's a good thing.... the mass amounts of the 'Idiots' is only downside to an otherwise good thing. The end justifies the means so to speak.

It's a good thing. I see Anime on TV as nothing but that... if SBS never showed Evangelion on TV out here 7 years ago, Anime would never be popular here, where Anime as a fandom over here is now rivalling America's.

And that's what I think. ^^
    Now I think we should stop this before this thread goes off topic ne?
    well i totally agree with TallonKarrde23 for one. but
    just cuz u download doesnt mean its necesarly illegal. all animes just about are unlicensed fansubs (aired on japanese television) 4 to 5 years before they ever come here. to me fansbus are much better because they're in there best. which is dubbed and unedited. for those who cant get access to that for lack of a good computer or w.e. is unfortunate, cuz im sry but anime on tv sucks. plain and simple. there are only a few animes with decent voice overs and that is trigun, cowboy bebop and hellsing. other than that they suck. if you have no other choice then watch it on tv but just know that you "ALWAYS" be getting some added water to your flavor.
    Last edited by auron855; May 20, 2005 at 08:19 PM.

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks
    I like the action...i dont really pay attention to much to the dubs or voice overs at all..i think its fine..i dont care...just wanna watch the action and observe the plot...i think its interesting...forget the dubs and voice overs and all of what not..but if it were that bad..then yes i would care and think that its somewhat retarded...in which i dont =P

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast