View Poll Results: What would you rather be?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Samurai

26 56.52%
  • Knight

20 43.48%
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Samurai or Knight?

Otaku Purplefire may be famous one day Purplefire may be famous one day Purplefire's Avatar
    Thanks
    Knight Have the cool armor, it might be a pain to wear the armor but its useful
    As for the samurai...easy to run in..but i think alittle too easy. I dont think they wear underwear either that or they wear those thongs like sumo wreslers. I don't know about you, but thats a no no for me. I cant imagine fighting in a thong.

So I'd have to go with Both..cause Knights have cool armor...and samurais have the coolest swords....

80% Evil l 5% Insane l 15% Addict l 0% Lack of Guinea Pigs
    lAnime TalklAnime OnlinelOtaku BoardslMini Tokyo

Newbie KAMI may be famous one day KAMI may be famous one day KAMI's Avatar
    Thanks
    yea,it'd take forever to break through a knights armour using just a katana,also,underneath they still might have a chainmail on,and possibly leather underneath that!!!

Otaku Mana may be famous one day Mana may be famous one day Mana's Avatar
    Thanks
    Knight. Samurai or knight, they all have their reasons for being what they are, but knight just seems awesome in my book. Broad/2-handed swords have always been my favorite though, so maybe that's why. ;>.> lol
    "so i herd u liek mudkips"

Newbie Arbiter may be famous one day Arbiter may be famous one day Arbiter's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KAMI
    this is turning into a debate topic!
    besides,if a knight is slower (which isnt necessarily true) one hit,even an awkward one,from their heavy weapons will kill instantly,you could take 4 or 5 hits from a katana and still be able to stand.
    You are totally correct, but my intentions was to see what kind of tastes do the forumn people have
    And Knights are humans, not tanks. THey're not COMPLETELY covered in armor, then they will be unable to mobilize. THey have some openings around the joints and arms. But samurais are strong too. They're not scronny. Take Mitsurugi from Soul Calibur for example.

"If they came to hear me beg, they will be dissapointed."

As Seen on Internet KenX may be famous one day KenX may be famous one day
    Thanks
    You know...the actual non-fictional samurais (the ones not in anime), Were kinda military like the knight. They also wore heavy armor, rode on horse back, were in big groups. Although it is known for Samurais to wear those robe things ( i don't know what you japanese freaks call them), But it is only on occasion. Mostly only japanese SWORDSMEN wore them all the time.

And I'd say all that armor the knight and samurai wore, were probably maybe only 40 to 60 pounds without the sword.

It's not that heavy considering that todays military carries 80 pounds worth of gear, and can still run around and do all that other stuff.

And there were tiems when the Samurai dropped their swords, became pussies and picked up on of those rifles.

Praise be to the History channel.

Knights win.
    Last edited by KenX; Nov 21, 2004 at 01:16 PM.

Newbie KAMI may be famous one day KAMI may be famous one day KAMI's Avatar
    Thanks
    ......what he said ^

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    The medieval knight armor was much heavier than the samurai armor.
    Also, the main samurai weapon on the battlefield was the longbow, not the sword.

As Seen on Internet KenX may be famous one day KenX may be famous one day
    Thanks
    ^ hurray!

1 Bowman, against 1 person. Considering they were trained for multiple targets.

KNights win again!!!

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast