• Knight

21 32.31%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Samurai vs. Knight

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Samurai vs. Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Blade X
    Definitely Samurai, didn't u see Samurai X when Kenshin beat that German Black Knights?

Anyway Saito Hajime could beat any knight any day. His style relies on priecing the human even if the there is an armour covering it. He just use Getatsu Zero, the one he used on that blind dude with the turtle shell.

So there, Knights will get their asses kicked so hard by the Samurais
    Again, are we talking about real samurai and knights? If we are, then you can't base your opinion on anime characters. Again, if we aren't talking about real samurai and knights, let me reiterate that Siegfried/Nightmare from Soul Calibur would pwn any samurai.

Otaku bugsbunnyz may be famous one day bugsbunnyz may be famous one day
    Thanks

Aha I used to go to reenactments with my freind when his dad would take part, and I used to wear some of the armour and swing swords etc.
    So I would say knights, because I've never seen a samurai so,

Oh yeah and one a side now, I saw a guy get stabbed for real at one of these reenactments, it was an accident or something but it was really messy.

Newbie Jinai may be famous one day Jinai may be famous one day
    Thanks

the thing is, i've never seen a knight fight on ground with a broad sword b4..do both knights and samurai wear armour all the time?

Thanks

I'd also like to say that my opinion is not just being pulled from thin air. My younger brother is an armorsmith, and we've studied a lot about medieval weapons and armor. When it comes right down to it, Knight's Plate and Chainmail is a lot better than Samurai armor.

Samurai armor consists of heavily laquered leather. It's flexible, but also weaker than the average armor. You take any of the weapons that a knight is usually proficient with - 1h swords, broadswords, longswords, 2h claymores, maces, flails, hand axes, battleaxes, pikes, spears, lances and halberds - and it will usually rip apart a samurai's armor.

While Len was correct in saying that the samurai do have a few different weapons they are used to and proficient in, the amount of skill they may have with those few weapons is wasted against most forms of Knight armor. Knight's armor is usually interlocked, leaving little, if no room for a blade to get a clean cut. That's another downside of Samurai - katanas require clean cuts to be effective. If not, the blade could get caught or snag, or even worse - snap.

Otaku Bike Stunts Champion Shonen may be famous one day Shonen may be famous one day Shonen's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll pick Samurai over Knight any day. It's a style thing...

[Sig-Team Member] [My Profile] [My Gallery]
    *Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of Law*

ruler of mune667 deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eriadd
    Yeah, but we're talking about real samurai and knights here, Fayrin. At least, I hope so. Even if we're not, I'll have Nightmare come and pwn Kenshin from here till next week.

Oh, come on! I'm the only one who voted for knight? You all fail!
    damn it, i'd forgotten about nightmare, god nights are pretty cool, but i've voted now, still for all those people saying samurais would instantly win your not being sensible now are you. people think of nights as the lumbering guy's from the crusades but there are many types of knight, if you look at the warhammer weilding nights they had to move relatively fast in order to knock their apponant to the ground and punch a whole in their armour. of course the katana was an extremely good weapon and could easily go straight through a man. if there was the choice i would have definitly gone with both.
    i am the urban monky
    look to the mune

Thanks

Then there were the halberd knights. They trip you using one of the reverse pikeheads, you fall to the ground and GANKGANKGANKGANKGANK! You are dead!

Newbie Jinai may be famous one day Jinai may be famous one day
    Thanks

oh yeh, forgot bout other knights! LOL my mind keeps on givin me a image of a knight on a steed. I chose samurais cuz i think i know more about samurais than compared to knights (the only place where i got to even see a image of a knight is from a mmorpg called guild wars).
    Last edited by Jinai; Oct 27, 2005 at 02:26 PM.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast