Thread: Satoshi Kon

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

Satoshi Kon

This is a man of Utter brilliance. He's directed:

Millennium Actress
    Tokyo Godfathers
    Perfect Blue
    Paranoia Agent

If you've seen any of these, did you enjoy it?
    Seduced by Flesh

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

I've seen all but 'Perfect Blue', and there all excellent works. His two most recent movies, 'Millennium Actress' and 'Tokyo Godfathers' were both runners up to 'Finding Nemo' for the best Animation feature Oscar award for that year...

'Paranoia Agent' (The last Region 1 DVD for this series was recently released,) has the most amusing opening sequence of any anime series of recent memory, and easily ranks as one of the best anime series to be released this year...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

I've seen all but 'Perfect Blue', and there all excellent works. His two most recent movies, 'Millennium Actress' and 'Tokyo Godfathers' were both runners up to 'Finding Nemo' for the best Animation feature Oscar award for that year...

'Paranoia Agent' (The last Region 1 DVD for this series was recently released,) has the most amusing opening sequence of any anime series of recent memory, and easily ranks as one of the best anime series to be released this year...

yeah, that Paraoia Agent opening is a trip. I watched it again ths weekend, this time sober, to see if it was any less weird, and it wasn't.
    I have seen Perfect Blue. It was a very strange movie, one that requires multiple viewings. It had quite a twist of an ending. But I liked it because it kept you on your toes. There were a few objectionable scenes, but I guess that in the context of the story, they made sense. I haven't seen any of the other movies yet.

And I remember now, at the top of my lungs in my arms, she dies, she dies.

Controlling you through a chip in your butt since 2004