Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Saying the pledge?....

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Saying the pledge?....

So do all of you actually want an answer or just to vent?

1. Wearing a hat and sunglasses inside? That is called manners. It's considered disrespectful to do either.

2. Is saying the pledge worshiping it? No. If you want to know why just look at the word "pledge".
    pledge
    n.

1. A solemn binding promise to do, give, or refrain from doing something
    and at the definition of allegiance;
    alĀ·leĀ·giance
    n.

1. Loyalty or the obligation of loyalty, as to a nation, sovereign, or cause.
    2. The obligations of a vassal to a lord.
    Now look at the words of the pledge itself.
    I Pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands,
    one Nation under God,
    indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    So by pledging allegiance you are giving a solemn promise to be loyal to the USA, to uphold the unity of the nation, and the constitutional rights of liberty and "the pursuit of justice".

The "under God" was added under President Dwight D. Eisenhower in June 14 (Flag Day), 1954. His official statement at that moment was;
    "In this way we are reaffirming the transcendence of religious faith in America's heritage and future; in this way we shall constantly strengthen those spiritual weapons which forever will be our country's most powerful resource in peace and war."
    As such you may argue that the pledge does have religious tones with the addition of those two words, their recognition that no matter what else the US is it is a country created on religious precepts and continues to be one of the most religiously diverse in the world, but it cannot be said you are actually worshiping the flag.

You are, quite simply, pledging your allegiance.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku PunkAngel7 may be famous one day PunkAngel7 may be famous one day PunkAngel7's Avatar
    Thanks

But if the pledge is "With liberty and justice for all" THen why are jr high and elemntry schools in uniforms and standerized dress and if this country if free then why can only the gov. make disions in it! my little sister is suffering in jr high standerized dress and i don't want my future kids to be in that they need to express there indivduallity and they can't when the gov. schoool board and damn president is holding that back! o sure there is after school but what about in school if this country is free then why can't I make a difference every time i do i am stopped by ppl who discorage me tell ing me that the gov. won't allow it i just want to heard and i'm not so is this country really free? If i can't put a word in edge wise!? answer me that
    You wouldn't know a good thing
    if it came up and slit your throat

??*Everyone Here Hates Me??* Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa's Avatar
    Thanks

it's outlawed here 100$ fine

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Here's my view on the pledge:

I never understood why we had to say it. The only reason anyone said it in school was because the teachers made us do it. There was some kind of silent obligation to say it, even though we have the freedom not to. So after a few years I decided to say it my own way... "I pledge alligence to my family, and all those whom I love dearly. And to those whose hearts that I hold dear, stay together, under your deity of choice, with understanding and empathy for all." (I made that up in 6th grade LoL)

After a while, I didn't say anyting at all... but stood repectfully... Then in high school I stopped standing... Because I have the freedom not to. And my second period teacher tried to write me up for it. (Even though I got awesome grades, and never got in trouble) So my mom called him a "bloody dictator" (and I quote!) and that was the end of it. It doesn't mean I don't like America. It means I don't feel like being forced into doing something in a country where freedom means everything...

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

Your not supposed to wear a hat in a building because it means that you are carrying a firearm. Anyone who knows about guns know that.

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by solking
    Your not supposed to wear a hat in a building because it means that you are carrying a firearm. Anyone who knows about guns know that.
    Hmm... I didn't know that! That's because I'm not a huge fan of guns and steer clear of anything to do with them... Thanks for the info!

My school always said that it was impolite to wear hats... ?

Otaku PunkAngel7 may be famous one day PunkAngel7 may be famous one day PunkAngel7's Avatar
    Thanks

But I should be able to put my imput in, if you can voice things then why can't i voice what i belive in cuz i do what i feel is right, and if the gov. and the soliders who fight for our freedom are risking their live for our freedom, and i wish to use the power of voice, and that is part of our rights so is the gov. stopping me if that is mine and your rights to cuz i wish to change the world with this voice i have and i think i could be put to good use one day and if the gov. is stoping me then how in the world can i!
    You wouldn't know a good thing
    if it came up and slit your throat

??*Everyone Here Hates Me??* Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm sorry but I think Fuhrer Bush repealed our rights
    with the patriot act

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast