View Poll Results: which is mayor would you like to take?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Biology

7 29.17%
  • Chemistry

7 29.17%
  • Technique

5 20.83%
  • Physics

5 20.83%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: a scientist!? why?

Otaku DogDemon may be famous one day DogDemon may be famous one day DogDemon's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: a scientist!? why?

Biology man... I just like to study living things >_>

Finding God is not peaceful.
    Searching God isn`t peaceful.
    The thought that God exists is peaceful enough.
    Believe!

champion of all champions banj_rave_03 may be famous one day banj_rave_03 may be famous one day banj_rave_03's Avatar
    Thanks

i want to be chemist coz u can be able to make explosives hehee
    but i need you here tonight
    i need you here inside
    i need you here tonight
    i really really need you here tonight

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks

I am an engineering student which is a being which uses science to create the world that never was, I use everything, math, chemistry, physics, biology, all science and math in order to make everything that you see around you. So, I have taken alot of chemistry and physics courses also I am going to take Thermodynamics

My specialization is in Materials-This includes metallurgical, ceramic and polymer engineering, basically everything you see around you, I design new materials to make that stuff out of.

An interesting fact: Engineers make up about 5 percent of the workforce in the U.S. but we make 50 percent of America's GDP

a good website for those that don't know is this, its for grade school, but about 61 percent of people don't know who or what we are.

http://www.discoverengineering.org

and a link to my schools engineering department
    http://www.mse.gatech.edu

Some definitions
    funny
    An engineer is someone who can take a simple idea and see through it to the bottomless pits of messy, complexity that lies underneath.

funny but very true
    An engineer is someone who make for ten cents what any fool can make for a dollar

the definition
    a person who uses scientific knowledge to solve practical problems

and a better definition
    "Engineering is the application of math and science to create something of value from our natural resources."

and why I chose this subject, because I like to solve problems and I enjoy science and math, I also love about what things are made out of and how we can change them and such. Its awesome, I encourage all people if they are still in highschool to consider engineering.
    Last edited by KnightofNi; Jan 13, 2006 at 04:33 PM.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Otaku twistergal723 may be famous one day twistergal723 may be famous one day twistergal723's Avatar
    Thanks

I would want to be a metorologist(Earth science?)I love the concept of weather...But I'm in 8th grade though>.<

I'm ♥mazing!

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks

thats cool twistergal, my roommate and best friend at Georgia Tech is an Earth Science major and is studying to be a meteorologist, that is awesome, keep reaching for that dream because colleges do have earth science majors, also its cool cuz I can give him crap if he says its going to be sunny and it rains, he is also handy when I need to know what the weather outlook is like.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Newbie celestialcharm may be famous one day celestialcharm may be famous one day celestialcharm's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi
    =-= physics is really hard... especially if you aren't good at math...
    Ditto. I am curently getting a 54 in Physics..... I failed math last year with a 39, and got a 50 in summer school.

I always loved geography, so I aim to become a geologist.

Anti syndicate spike spiegel may be famous one day spike spiegel may be famous one day spike spiegel's Avatar
    Thanks

scientist's are intresting and cool,but i will never be one.

"I let all that kind of blood away" Thanks Viper

Otaku twistergal723 may be famous one day twistergal723 may be famous one day twistergal723's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KnightofNi
    thats cool twistergal, my roommate and best friend at Georgia Tech is an Earth Science major and is studying to be a meteorologist, that is awesome, keep reaching for that dream because colleges do have earth science majors, also its cool cuz I can give him crap if he says its going to be sunny and it rains, he is also handy when I need to know what the weather outlook is like.
    Thank you...Becoming a metorologist is what I wanted ever since I was 5(I was living in Alaska and it snowed heavily that night and I was like where does snow come from?And stuff like that^.^)My mother also said she'll give me crap if my weather predictions are wrong )

I'm ♥mazing!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast