Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Screen Captures versus....

Otaku QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames's Avatar
    Thanks

Screen Captures versus....

I have a question.

Including all you have learned with making wallpapers and dealing with images, what did you find worked better for you - Screen captures or other images you found online?

This question came to me because I have been looking for good images for a Princess Nine wallpaper I want to make. All the images I find online are too small and most galleries don't even have Princess Nine images. Therefore, I could easily, (I hope), use the DVD's I have of the series and get screen captures that way.

So I suppose my question is, is it worth the trouble? Should I just try to work with the images I find or make screen captures on my own to get the images I want?

The ADV website for Princess Nine doesn't help much since all or most of the images aren't showing up.

Thanks so much for your opinions in advance! .^_^.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Screen Captures versus....

Screen captures are to small as well. You will have to deal with a loss of quality. Do you have a scanner?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes I have scanner.

*remains lost as to how that will help but trusts Arrianna anway .^_^.*

Why are screen captures small?

Otaku paiki may be famous one day paiki may be famous one day paiki's Avatar
    Thanks

Try get Scans with your Scanner, or maybe get someone to provide u with scans. Do u hv a friend living in Japan? Maybe you can find someone here on EAO that can help u with some scans.

If you really want anything specifically, try google Or ask me or anyone else to it.

Screen captures make a lot of problem about resizing imagem and loss of quality. It´ll give a lot of trouble if you want make a good wall with high resolution (>1024x768)

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by QueenOfGames
    Yes I have scanner.

*remains lost as to how that will help but trusts Arrianna anway .^_^.*

Why are screen captures small?
    Screen captures are small because tv's run on app 567x414 pix. Some DVD's will go as high as 740x480 a "widescreen" is likely to be something like 600x338. Most screen captures when transfered to 72 dpi however will be approximatly 7.87"x5.75". Not large enough to work with in walling.

That is starting to change with the new LCD tv's. The average res for them is 1366 x 768 and some go as high as 1920 x 1080. As a result some of the newer DVD's are being recorded at higher res but if your movie wasn't made within the last 2 years it's res is going to be small. Quality is often an issue as well. Since tv's project at such a small res the images used in videos are often incomplete or of poor quality.

That is why you need a scanner. You see pictures are printed between 200-600 dpi (unlike the less then 24 dpi most tv's project at) as a result you can scan even smaller pictures at a good enough total pix to give you good sized images at the 72 dpi used for wallpapers.

I hope that made sense.

Thanks

Hmm, I understand about the scanner now.

>For the google though, I've tried that with Princess Nine. The only place I could get a decent image is the ADV site for the series, but none of this links for the images work.<

I would really like to scan images of Princess Nine, the individual characters, etc, but I don't have anything to scan .^_^. Unless I misinterpreted something that is.

In any case, screen caps seem my only option, unless I can find a website that has been hiding and has some images for me .^_^.

So the general consensus here is that if given another option, if screen captures were available, they would not be chosen?

Thanks

Given another option, no.

Try doing a google image search with the individual names on "large". If that doesn't work you'll have to go with the screen capture (or beg someone here to upload some images to the scan gallery).

Just be aware that using screen captures has it's own unique problems. Clean up is a beast and you will often have to "finish" an image since to get the image large enought to be extracted it has to take up most of the screen and is likely to have part of it missing.

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

i like my images to be around 1000x1000 higher. reason is because after u resize them after extraction makes the images a lot plainer and eaiser to work with. I either scan my images or hut for them online.

Also Screen captures are CRAP!.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast