Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Secret Societies?

Otaku Vaines may be famous one day Vaines may be famous one day Vaines's Avatar
    Thanks
    I believe they exist, my university was funded by freemasons when it was created and now students are arguing that the freemasons are most certainly still around and that we should put them away.

I really hope that there are secret societies who don't work for a goal of power or money, per example to change the world into a better place through some weird means, I don't know. Anyone?

Otaku Kikieru may be famous one day Kikieru may be famous one day Kikieru's Avatar
    Thanks
    If its a secret how would we know about it ?, aint it supposed to be a secret ?, they must of messed up in order for it to become public knowledge, well, if a society is well kept we wouldnt know about it, only amatuers and there ideals would be known, but its easy to lie and some have there desire to talk about a secret, then everyone knows. But I havent heard nor do I know of any secret societies, but if I was part of, why would I tell you ?

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zui Quan
    Which is taken directly from Foucoult's Pendulum by Umberto Eco.
    I have absolutely no problem with that if they make such a kickass game.

What about that student club thingy Bush and Kerry were members of?
    Skull and Bones or something...really reminds me of the SS...

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikieru
    If its a secret how would we know about it ?, aint it supposed to be a secret ?, they must of messed up in order for it to become public knowledge, well, if a society is well kept we wouldnt know about it, only amatuers and there ideals would be known, but its easy to lie and some have there desire to talk about a secret, then everyone knows. But I havent heard nor do I know of any secret societies, but if I was part of, why would I tell you ?
    so we can join too perhaps??

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku Kikieru may be famous one day Kikieru may be famous one day Kikieru's Avatar
    Thanks
    RE:Pyro - so we can join too perhaps??

Good point, I should have added that, I meant forthose who who werent asked, such as a friend you want brag to about the secret society your in but your not allowed, and your not permitted to ask otheres to join.

Any one here part of a secret society ?, I wont tell if you wont....
    ...I bet the AO staff have there own little secret society...just a assumption

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    If I was, I wouldn't tell you. I'd give you an awnser like in the first sentence that I gave you. Are you interested in becoming a part of a secret society? -First you have to kill a few people- j/k!

Wasn't there this Yale society that Bush was in? [The Skulls?] and there was a movie out of it too. But that society's in fact a real one.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by youth_anime_fan
    Wasn't there this Yale society that Bush was in? [The Skulls?] and there was a movie out of it too. But that society's in fact a real one.
    Was it called the skulls? Then my post is wrong...

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hassun
    Was it called the skulls? Then my post is wrong...
    Yes it was. The skulls were a "secret society" but I guess they aern't really secret anymore.

But I doubt that the movie was true to any real fact of that society. They probably helped out prospective individuals in hoping that one day they would benifit the community. Probably by just giving them money.

I doubt they have much power or anything... or maybee they do. No one really knows.

As far as others, secret societys are hard to maintain, and usually are known by a few outsiders. Just try asking some paranoia experts. They will tell you that our government has some secret society's in the system. Mainly to do with aliens.

**EDIT**[consider hassun's statment down one.]

thanks man. I guess I was wrong after all.
    Last edited by youth_anime_fan; Apr 01, 2005 at 06:06 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast