Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Senior Member?!

Otaku bugsbunnyz may be famous one day bugsbunnyz may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Senior Member?!

Oh it might be because I was here longer than you, even though you have more posts,

Idiot Impaler Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zarriff
    Edit: "Quantity" would not have to be checked maunually, it would simply be decided by the character count of the post. The downside to that is that a bunch of mindless rambling would be considered "high quality."
    Truth be spoken through the text of Zariff. Lol I didn't think of that. Got yourself a top-notch mind there my friend.
    What really sucks is that it would mean my posts would be considered "low-quality" since I have slightly more posts and am not a senior member. The worst part of that is I actually put in some effort to making my posts "quality posts". Ah, well. All-in-all titles don't matter and neither does post count. We're all here for the same reasons, 'cause Trunks and Gig bribed us.
    Edit: And we all know Zui Quan's naturally peaceful disposition draws everybody in! Word. Lol
    Last edited by Agent Orange 216; Oct 06, 2005 at 09:52 AM.
    The Last Remaining Realist.

See Dick Buy Beer, See Dick not Tip, See Dick try again, See Dick Go thirsty. Moral of the Story: Don't be a Dick.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

The number of posts for 'Senior Member' as well as use of 'custom' titles have been changed (both higher and lower) in the past. But these levels are user account 'properties' and are not global for all accounts. There are cases (and I belive bugsbunnyz is one of them) where accounts are 'grandfathered in' with the lower post requirements that were current when the account was created. All the accounts created after the posting levels were finalized have the current policy enforced...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bugsbunnyz
    Oh it might be because I was here longer than you, even though you have more posts,
    Must not be join date, tasukuchan was here before both of us and is still "member." For all we know it could be a combination of statistics.

Edit: Len is right about the custom title being avaliable to members who had reached the post limit before it was changed. However, I joined right after the change to 500 posts so that must not be what is required for "Senior Member."

Otaku bugsbunnyz may be famous one day bugsbunnyz may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

The number of posts for 'Senior Member' as well as use of 'custom' titles have been changed (both higher and lower) in the past. But these levels are user account 'properties' and are not global for all accounts. There are cases (and I belive bugsbunnyz is one of them) where accounts are 'grandfathered in' with the lower post requirements that were current when the account was created. All the accounts created after the posting levels were finalized have the current policy enforced...
    Oh cool, so I still get to keep the new status? I was just hoping it wasn't a glitch

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

They allow you to keep whatever the policy was at the time that you joined. I just checked, and I can change my title. My guess is that I joined between the change to 500 posts, but after the change from whatever it was in June.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

By AO Forum policy, the only 'Special' exception to the title level counts is if your chosen to become a 'Moderator' (and don't ask how to become one...) Other then User signatures (which the Modertors can edit in cases of sig rules violations...) User properties can only be changed by the Administrators...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

Chance had it I created my account when the post requirement was 100 posts to have a custom title. So in mid September when I returned here and reached 100 posts, I got to change my title, even though the current policy was 500 posts, much like the old AO.

I feel this is tribute to the 5500 or so posts I had at the old AO.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast