Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Seperation of Church and state

Newbie Citara may be famous one day Citara may be famous one day
    Thanks

Seperation of Church and state

K this is an issue that bothers me deeply.
    Since the begining of time the world fought for power over the church and I can't stand when someone brings it back in!
    I hate canidates who use bible verses or the commandments in there soap box stand. I hate focusing mainly on the catholic/christian churches and such but they are the worst, they can get away with murder.
    Though I must say the majority of ppl are religious and it helps motivate them. But then its just a tool.
    What do you think? Agree? Disagree?

Otaku yumyum92 may be famous one day yumyum92 may be famous one day yumyum92's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Seperation of Church and state

i think religons kinda pointless and don't get why theres so much fuss about it

92% of teens moved to rap. if u are part of the 8% that rock out every day, put this on your sig.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Citara
    Since the begining of time the world fought for power over the church and I can't stand when someone brings it back in!
    I hate canidates who use bible verses or the commandments in there soap box stand. I hate focusing mainly on the catholic/christian churches and such but they are the worst, they can get away with murder.
    Though I must say the majority of ppl are religious and it helps motivate them. But then its just a tool.
    They do that because there are alot of catholic/christian ppl. This is mainly a christian country, so this is done to get votes.

Newbie Citara may be famous one day Citara may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kastelic4444
    They do that because there are alot of catholic/christian ppl. This is mainly a christian country, so this is done to get votes.
    Then the ppl and there religion are being used

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

You say it's just a tool, but the way I see it, when people quote a Bible verse, it is something they believe in. And obviously, if everyone follows the person who quotes all that stuff, they must also believe in it too. Quoting a couple of verses doesn't sway people just like that, you know. Here Christians are so oblivious to what's being said in sermons. The younger ones just sit around and act bored. You think they'd be influenced by someone rattling off Bible verses? You look down too much on people with religion.

@ yumyum : You don't care for religion? I feel for you.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Citara
    Since the begining of time the world fought for power over the church and I can't stand when someone brings it back in! I hate canidates who use bible verses or the commandments in there soap box stand. I hate focusing mainly on the catholic/christian churches and such but they are the worst, they can get away with murder. Though I must say the majority of ppl are religious and it helps motivate them. But then its just a tool.
    Wow I had no idea that the church dated that far back even for people who believe in religion, when exactly did the church begin?

Also why exactly does it bother you? What about freedom of speech bothers you? Wait it is the message that they are giving out, but why does that bother you? I mean it doesn't bother me when someone doesn't have the same beliefs as me so why might it bother you? The whole "it isn't thier beliefs it is that they impose them on everyone or they use thier position as an elected official to force religion where it doesn't belong!" doesn't really fly does it?

Saying it is the act of them "forcing" it on people is a joke, I mean come on. Your options are to turn the channel, walk away or hey wait a minute you could just ignore it! But hey why should you have to change anything, you have rights too. What if I take your approach, I mean just because I hear people every day saying "God %$#@ this or God &@^& that" why shouldn't they change for me? But then again do you see me caring?

NO and why not? Because religion is between yourself and whom you choose to worship or not and as long as I am good with how I believe why would the belief of other bother me? They are either going to accept my beliefs or not, plain and simple. If you ask me all these people going around saying I am offend you told me or even eluded to your religion and I can't handle people telling me about "God" makes me wonder how these people function in the US.

Why you ask, well lets see American money has "In God We Trust" on it so they can't use that. They can't go to court because even the Supreme Court has several stone carvings of Moses and the Ten Commandments. They can't say the pledge of allegiance because it has "Under God" in it. There is a church of some kind on every corner so they can't leave their homes. Most places in the US have TV stations with gasp religious programming; darn they got onto radio too. Oh no, some churches go "soul winning" and may knock on my door so I am not even safe there!

I am not trying to upset you or belittle your feelings I am just trying to get you to see that they are silly; religion is everywhere. If it isn't for you then just say hey that isn't for me and go on with your life. Yes maybe some politicians use that to play on the religious community but that is still something they will have to live with, no skin off my back?

Again I am not trying to offend you, I hope you will consider my words.

champion of all champions banj_rave_03 may be famous one day banj_rave_03 may be famous one day banj_rave_03's Avatar
    Thanks

there are some politicians who uses religion when they campaigns.. duh.. theyre just using church in order to them to win.. i must say.. church is church and state is state.. church is kinda different from state..
    but i need you here tonight
    i need you here inside
    i need you here tonight
    i really really need you here tonight

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, excuse me. I, as a Christian, believe that in everything I do, my heart should be for God. If I am campaigning as a politician, are you trying to say that I leave God out of the picture? No! In fact, I should continue to keep God in the picture so that people are aware that I am not just doing my job for anyone, but for God. That makes a world of difference. I don't want to start a religious debate here, but that is pretty much what I believe. And, like I stated before, the politician quoting Bible verses in his speech is also merely stating things he believes in. Why is it wrong to let people know that you are standing there not as any old politician, but as a politician FOR God?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast