Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Serail Killers: right or wrong?

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by kastelic4444
    So your saying they were right mentally when they killed? Dont think so!! :Thumbd:
    But this brings up the question.... What is the difference between a soldier who is efficient at killing enemy soldiers on the field of battle, and a mass murderer who is efficient at killing innocent victems??? In both cases, the end results are the same...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

But this brings up the question.... What is the difference between a soldier who is efficient at killing enemy soldiers on the field of battle, and a mass murderer who is efficient at killing innocent victems??? In both cases, the end results are the same...
    I guess the difference is the serial killer enjoys it?

Otaku Ensui may be famous one day Ensui may be famous one day Ensui's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

the difference i think would be that the soldier is killing to protect, as much as how retarded that sounds.

and the serial killer would be doing it for his own messed up agendas

Newbie kodacu may be famous one day kodacu may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I guess the difference is the serial killer enjoys it?
    not always, sometime they hate it, but can't help themself from continueing killing people. and some think the killing is a duty or a calling. In short, serial killers are totally insane.

Otaku millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kowanatachinmokualpha

Every one wants some thing to debate about, well, here it is folks. Does a person have to sain or insain to become a serial killer? What make them kill and then kill again? Why are they alwyas harder to catch then the everyday badguy? and are they really the "monsters" people and the media make them out to be, or are we the people and individuals in society and society as a whole the ones in the wrong? This is all really one gaint subject matter so I chose not to take up wasted space and time with several blocks when it is just as easy to seperate and diverscify your answers by sentences as have I. It will be interesting to see what each individual thinks and how they precieve this question.
    Serial killers, for the most part, are not insane. Very few get away with the insanity plea and if they do its because they have done some really ****ed up stuff...like Ed Gein for example. He had a house full of furniture made of human skin, human skulls, torsos etc. etc. Most serial killers are simply people born without empathy. They don't care what other people feel and they will do anything to satisfy their own urges. Actually most serial killers have above average intelligence.

I'd say a lot about their upbringing has to do with people becoming killers. Stuff like if you had a very domineering mother and no father, if you wet your bed until a very late age, if you were a pyromaniac and if you torture animals are big warning signs that the person is emotionally off. That's not to say everyone who has one of these problems will be that way...but those are the most obvious signs.

I don't think they are harder to get then the "everday bad guy". Its just the really famous ones seemed to evade the law for awhile. Mostly because most serial killers don't go around killing people every second. The go through a cooling period where they are fine, but then something inside them starts to build up and they have to kill again. Plus most serial killers have speific things they look for in their victims i.e. hookers, girls with long hair, black people are a couple examples. They usually for the most part don't kill any random person, though a couple of them have.

Yes they are the monsters they are made out to be. You can't blame society for everything. Most of them feel no guilt whatsover for their crimes and this is because of their biological state. Society may play a part in it, but I really think its the person's own brain being very off.

BTW Mass murderers and serial killers are two different things. Mass murderers go around with an intent of killing a bunch of people at the same time aka terrorists or those people that go into their work and blow everyone away. Usually they end up killing themselves as well. Serial killers have a "cool down" period where they won't kill for awhile, and usually they have speific victims and they kill only one person at a time. The society theory about causing murderers would probably apply more to the mass murderer than the serial killer.

Yes I was interested in this topic awhile ago...
    Last edited by millionbubbles; May 22, 2005 at 08:35 AM.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks
    Um mass murderers and serial killers are the same thing.

mass murderer
    n.

1. A person, especially a political or military leader, who is responsible for the deaths of many individuals.

I. A person who kills several or numerous victims in a single incident.
    II. A serial killer.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=mass+murderer

Otaku esthered may be famous one day esthered may be famous one day esthered's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think that people kill in the field because they HAVE to... Serial killers kill because they want to. I think Adolf Hitler can be dragged into this topic as being a serial killer. Even though he started a war because of supposed "Germany's good", he beared a grudge against the Jews, Jehovah's Witnesses etc.. And wanted to kill them off. For a start, he was emotionally scarred while he was young as well.

Therefore, I must defend that relatively most serial killers are really a little mentally off. But I must agree that they feel no empathy for their victim and they completely enjoy whatever they're doing. They might also bear a strong grudge or hatred. Usually it's emotional scarring that leads to these things, and the society CAN be blamed for a part of it.

Imagine a little kid that has possibly a really ugly face, and gets bullied in school, at home by his siblings, stepdad etc.. He might grow up to be emotionally scarred and might just murder his whole family. After all, this was the way he was brought up, through violence. Mind you, this is onlly an example.

It's hard to say the society can't be blamed, but it's not totally the society's fault either.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Um mass murderers and serial killers are the same thing.

mass murderer
    n.

1. A person, especially a political or military leader, who is responsible for the deaths of many individuals.

I. A person who kills several or numerous victims in a single incident.
    II. A serial killer.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=mass+murderer
    I think it's one of those a+b=c things. All serial killers are mass murderers but not all mass murderers are serial killers.

Society can be implicted but not blamed. It's a matter of choices. I had two friends with equally sucky lives. Almost the exact same things happened to them. One of them worked against her trials and earned a scholorship to college and made a good life for herself. The other decided to blame everything that went wrong on everyone around her and totally flushed her future in the toilet. Same curcumstances, different result. Choice.

Add that to the fact the alot of mass murderers are described by their neighbors as sweet, shy, likable, people. "Who would suspect him?"

On the mental side of thing, it does happen but I get the impression it's rare. In Utah we had a case several years ago where the guy had mental problems. He knew he had problems and tried to get help before someone got hurt but no one listened. Once they did catch him he was relieved and not only plead guilty but requested the death sentance. He even got a judges injunction to prevent the state lawyers from appealing his sentance. His family was very supportive and there for him the entire time. He just didn't want to hurt anyone again and he wanted to pay for what he had done. But he was an exception. I have never heard of another case like it.

That's the thing, I've heard (with serial killers at least) that no two cases are the same. You can't point to any one thing and say, this is a common denominator for all serial killers, there just aren't any. That's why in my opinion it comes down to choice.

And yes, anyone who chooses to be a serial killer IS a monster.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast