Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Sex....Before or After?

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Sex....Before or After?

I don't think that there are such statistics, anywho, I know of many people who have gotten married and had that marriage fail for a multitude of reasons. And yet those same people end up in a long-term relationship that has lasted longer that the majority of marriages in the U.S. Also many of the religous feelings about pre-marital sex stem back to the Dark Ages when the Church, misguidingly, thought that the Black Plague was transmittied sexually. Point being is this, do what you feel is right, if you don't want to have sex; then don't, if you do; then so be it. And if you do decide to have sex, make sure it's with someone you love and trust. That doesn't mean wait for marriage, but it doesn't mean don't either.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Otaku Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba's Avatar
    Over there. In the bush next to your house.
    Thanks

Sex before marriage is ok, in my opinion.
    You may never get married.
    Or you might die before having sex.
    Hahahaha.
    And that's no fun.
    Sex before marriage is okay if you know the person well. But being promiscuous is a diff story.

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

I look at it this way - life is short. Why worry about marriage, and restricting yourself in so many ways? It's not the middle ages anymore. And besdies, it's just a natural function - all living beings have sex in one form or another.

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

I say after otherwise it just seems weird to me.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sei-chan
    Y'know, I was wondering about this. Don't studies show that people with pre-marital (sp?)relationships divorce a heck of a lot more than people who don't?
    Yes, they do.

Women who cohabited before marriage were 33 percent more likely to have a marriage that ends in divorce or separation than women who did not cohabit before marriage. Compared to women who did not engage in premarital sex, those who had their first sexual encounter before marrying were approximately 34 percent more likely to divorce. For every year they delayed sex, the risk of marital disruption was reduced by about 8 percent.
    While a woman's intimate premarital relationship that was exclusively with her husband did not affect the risk of marital disruption, having at least one other intimate relationship prior to marriage was linked to an increased risk of divorce (The increase in risk associated with having had a sexual relationship with another partner ranged from 53 percent to 119 percent). The risk of divorce is substantially higher if the woman not only had a sexual relationship with another man before marriage but also cohabited with that partner. (This increase in risk is as high as 166 percent).
    They are also happier.
    The greater the number of lifetime non-marital sexual partners, the lower the probability of personal happiness. Fifty-six percent of women who had had sex only with men they married reported that they were "very happy," while only 37 percent of those who had had five non-marital sex parners said that they were very happy.
    Having sex even when in engaged is still foolish in my opinion since I have had several friends whose fiance's dropped them within a week or two of the wedding once they had gotten them to have sex with them. No, not everyone does it. (If everyone jumped off a cliff... ) I didn't, and I know alot of others who haven't as well.

Put simply, pre-marital sex is stupid. It is not "exercise". Simply jogging around the block does not open you up to mental and physical scarring the way pre-marital sex does. You can claim it doesn't affect anything all you want but the facts say otherwise. Add to this the possibly life threatening illnesses that are spread by promiscuity and you are playing russian roulette with your life and future.

Quote Originally Posted by Akurei Kakudo
    C. when you are married you can have as much sex as you wish. and b/c its with only one person (if not more =0o=) you know your safe from STD's.
    A few STD's to worry about.
    Chlamydia
    Chlamydia is a common sexually transmitted disease (STD) caused by the bacterium, Chlamydia trachomatis, which can damage a woman's reproductive organs. Even though symptoms of chlamydia are usually mild or absent, serious complications that cause irreversible damage, including infertility, can occur "silently" before a woman ever recognizes a problem.
    An estimated 2.8 million Americans are infected with chlamydia each year. Women are frequently re-infected if their sex partners are not treated.
    Because the cervix (opening to the uterus) of teenage girls and young women is not fully matured, they are at particularly high risk for infection if sexually active. Since chlamydia can be transmitted by oral or anal sex, men who have sex with men are also at risk for chlamydial infection.
    Chlamydia is known as a "silent" disease because about three quarters of infected women and about half of infected men have no symptoms. If symptoms do occur, they usually appear within 1 to 3 weeks after exposure.
    Hope you weren't planning on having children anytime soon.

Gonorrhea
    Gonorrhea is a curable sexually transmitted infection (STI) caused by bacteria called Neisseria gonorrhoeae. These bacteria can infect the genital tract, mouth, and rectum of both men and women.
    In 2002, 351,852 cases of gonorrhea were reported to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). In the United States, approximately 75 percent of all reported cases of gonorrhea are found in people aged 15 to 29 years. The highest rates of infection are usually found in 15- to 19-year old women and 20- to 24-year-old men.
    In untreated gonorrhea infections, the bacteria can spread up into the reproductive tract, or more rarely, can spread into the blood stream and infect the joints, heart valves, or the brain.

The most common result of untreated gonorrhea is PID, a serious infection of the female reproductive tract. Gonococcal PID often appears immediately after the menstrual period. PID causes scar tissue to form in the fallopian tubes. If the tube is partially scarred, the fertilized egg may not be able to pass into the uterus. If this happens, the embryo may implant in the tube causing a tubal (ectopic) pregnancy. This serious complication may result in a miscarriage and can cause death of the mother.

In men, gonorrhea causes epididymitis, a painful condition of the testicles that can lead to infertility if left untreated. Also, gonorrhea affects the prostate gland and causes scarring in the urine canal.
    Some pretty serious consequenses for "having a good time" and that is just 2 of 27 listed STD's. <--link

I find it significant that the phrase to screw or f*ck something means both to "take advantage of, betray, or cheat; victimize" and to be sexually promiscuous.

And finally, of course it's a religous subject. If you are religious, and you live your religion, and your religion says that pre-marital sex is wrong, then nothing I just said matters one jot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mage
    Also many of the religous feelings about pre-marital sex stem back to the Dark Ages when the Church, misguidingly, thought that the Black Plague was transmittied sexually.
    lol. Have you even read the bible? The book the Catholic church is based on? Strictures on pre-marital sex go back even before Moses. Read the Mosaic law sometime. The number of things/people they are forbidden to have sex with is a real eye opener. Many I wouldn't have thought possible.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

I also think that if you are going to have sex at all, you need to protect yourself at all times. Several people have mentioned STDs, and I don't think people take them very seriously. People seem to think 'Oh, it won't happen to me!' So, protect yourself and whoever your partner is. That includes getting an HIV test. I get one - even if I am not sexually active. It pays to be safe!
    Last edited by Spike'sRose; Sep 27, 2005 at 03:45 PM.

Otaku Suzy may be famous one day Suzy may be famous one day Suzy's Avatar
    In Puerto Rico the stinkiest place on earth.^~^
    Thanks

Sex....Before or After?

I think waiting until marriage is the best because no good can come from it. There are too many negative outcomes. Besides no one really looks at how messy it can get.

I agree better to wait until marrige beacouse once you have it one time you want more like a drug.Thats why there are so much violaters in the world the perverts.
    '' Death, cruelty, murder the things i have hate forever, Life is like a test with a limited time'' And doesnt have any sign''
    I wish i could help you but i make things worst, by liken you

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

I think you might be alittle biased. If two ppl are in love and are happy, pre-marital sex isnt going to kill it. Unless they suck at it. XD jk jk Waiting until after marriage for sex, is no guarantee it will make the relationship work. If its true love it wont matter. I question that study, wonder if it was done by some religious organization?

Err..what's the big rush in wanting to have sex? I haven't, and I'm not in any rush to. I'm waiting till I'm out of college before thinking about guys. And that's four more years ^^. I'm waiting till I get married. It's in my culture...I was raised to think this *shrugs*.

Y'know, I was wondering about this. Don't studies show that people with pre-marital (sp?)relationships divorce a heck of a lot more than people who don't?

And please do not worry about not getting married. My 80 year old grandfather re-married.

Not into boys untill your like 21?? I can see not having sex, but to not date? Wierd? But thats your choice i guess.
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Sep 27, 2005 at 01:56 PM.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast