Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Sex....Before or After?

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Sex....Before or After?

Quote Originally Posted by kastelic4444
    I think you might be alittle biased. If two ppl are in love and are happy, pre-marital sex isnt going to kill it. Unless they suck at it. XD jk jk Waiting until after marriage for sex, is no guarantee it will make the relationship work. If its true love it wont matter. I question that study, wonder if it was done by some religious organization?
    Sorry no. It is a conservitive organization so there is some overlap but the studies they have done have been held up by other studies on the subject as well. For example:

Debunking Divorce Myths
    "Divorce Myth 2: Living together before marriage is a good way to reduce the chances of eventually divorcing.

Fact: Many studies have found that those who live together before marriage have a considerably higher chance of eventually divorcing. The reasons for this are not well understood. In part, the type of people who are willing to cohabit may also be those who are more willing to divorce. There is some evidence that the act of cohabitation itself generates attitudes in people that are more conducive to divorce, for example the attitude that relationships are temporary and easily can be ended."

I found multilple references to studies on the subject with the same results. The NCFR comment on it, news articles comment on it, even a "Alternatives to Marriage" site refer to it. The only difference is that they blame the divorce rate on "couples who cohabit before marriage may have different values than couples who do not". (Oh, wait, they just agreed. Don't tell them. ) They also complained that the studies " considered only women ages 15-44".

So even if they are right the question remains, what kind of person do you want to be? What percentage chance do you want your marriage to have at succeeding? Back when I was on "the market" I studied the percentages and figured out what would give me the highest percentage chance of having a lasting marriage. I managed to figure it up to a 90% success rate, and then did it. But I have been accused of being anal. lol So far it has worked though. Personally I don't understand people who are told, if you do x there is a good chance y will happen but believe it could never happen to them. Well it happened to someone or there wouldn't be the numbers there are... and yes, it could be you.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku zero_enna may be famous one day zero_enna may be famous one day zero_enna's Avatar
    Thanks

I think the only reason marraige isnt such a BIG thing these days is because ppl statr have pre-marital sex, losing teh thrill of marriage.... i think?//
    wel i really dont care what i do and nor doea any1 else lol
    but i know one thing U HAVE A LIFE, LIVE IT!!!!!

^^BEST SIG EVER!!^^

Otaku erisluvsthanatos1313 may be famous one day erisluvsthanatos1313 may be famous one day erisluvsthanatos1313's Avatar
    the lost city of a thousand evil souls, AL
    Thanks

um.....i think it depends.....me i wouldnt.....not till i got married....my dad would kill me....but if u r n love and have bn 2gether 4 a few years...then i say aint no prob....just 1 persons opinion
    Your perfect, just the way you were made, and I wouldn't want you any other way. Those boys will lie to you, but you won't believe that I wouldn't want you any other way.~Body Talk by My Epiphany off Now That's What I Call Eyeball
    Whittney Garrett is, () yeah (), a cow...

Newbie tob_punk may be famous one day tob_punk may be famous one day tob_punk's Avatar
    Thanks

it really just depends on the types of ppl. and if feeling are gonna get involved. its not bad, just isant always smart, which is kinda an oxymoran. sex is highly over rated, and really shouldnt be taken lightly. i guess its not bad till it becomes a need rather than a want.

*~AO's Guardian Angel~* Akurei Kakudo may be famous one day Akurei Kakudo may be famous one day Akurei Kakudo's Avatar
    Thanks

hmm very nice answer's everyone very nice. now that i look at some of your points is see sex before marriage is ok. if you know the person well enough and love each other then its fine. i konw thios one women shes not married but she still lives with the man she loves. she and ihm just dont wish ot be legally married. and they have a son too. he's kool. so i think its fine. as long as you just dont go sex crazy and screw every person that you "love".

thanks for the sig SasuraiHell!!!!

Otaku Avatarjuern may be famous one day Avatarjuern may be famous one day Avatarjuern's Avatar
    Thanks

atleast wait till your out of high school................( I havn't posted for a little while)

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

People misunderstand the concept of what marriage means as well as the point of sex, humans do not really use sex to ensure survival of the species anymore. It is an act of showing ones love for another and marriage is as well an act to show ones love. In my opinion they are one in the same, you can marry or sleep with anyone but you can only give that first to one person for each. To me I want them to be the same person as to show they are the most special person to me. But to each thier own.

Otaku emmy_chan may be famous one day emmy_chan may be famous one day emmy_chan's Avatar
    Thanks

i believe that people should do wahtever is in their nature. some ppl are able to wiat until marriage and some arent. . .that doesnt make them a bad person and if you wait until marraige that doesnt mean your a good person. for me i will probably wait for the oppurtune moment whenever that is..either before or after marriage...
    Don't let me be.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast