Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

Thread: Sex in the media

Newbie Mijuko may be famous one day Mijuko may be famous one day Mijuko's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Sex in the media

Hmm. Looks like they changed a bunch of the format for this from the last time I saw it. Odd things to add, though - just a bunch of downloadable media.

...Though I think being able to bid on *underwear* is a bit much...

As for this point of view:
    LOL.America is one of the only countries in the world that has the least sex on television. and of course ppl bitch about"oh i don want little susie or johnny to see any nudity." wow its only one of the human race's basic instincts.thats amazing. and one boob slips out during the super bowl and ppl freak the freak out. Sex is bad and evil. lol. But then ppl put their kids to bed and night and go to make more. God forbid the kids actually find out how that works before they are 13.
    The reason that the U.S. is so puritainistic about sexual content is just that - many of the first settlers in the U.S. were, in fact, puritains trying to escape from Great Britain and create their own colony, with 'puritain' values.

They've succeeded, whether or not it's openly admitted: most of the unusual negative values in the U.S. are values that puritains shared.

Otaku raven2424 may be famous one day raven2424 may be famous one day raven2424's Avatar
    Thanks

ya i dont think you would see that in the canada or the us but i think sex deffently sells i mean that comercial made me keep watch and defently not lose intrest its just a effect it has on most people for sure.
    Full Metal Alchemist - Anime news information and lots of fun.
    Anime Gallery - Check out the image gallery for some cool anime pictures.
    Anime Forums - Join my anime forums and help us grow while talking about what you love best anime!

Newbie Mijuko may be famous one day Mijuko may be famous one day Mijuko's Avatar
    Thanks

You'd think that, but... It appears they're starting their U.S. campaign. Or am I wrong in thinking the .tv suffix is unique to U.S. TV media? (napstergirl.tv)

I keep wondering how they're getting it past the censors. If just money worked, we wouldn't be seeing all of the censoring that 4kids/CN does to anime, so it can't be that... Maybe they're planning on just putting it on really late at night?

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow, odd, yeah we'll get more uncensored in the future.

Thanks

Hmm. The question is, is that good or bad? When you change the values of a country to be more open to any content, is that freeing people or allowing them to be controlled more easily, in this particular case?

Newbie breakdancingsamurai may be famous one day breakdancingsamurai may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mijuko
    You'd think that, but... It appears they're starting their U.S. campaign. Or am I wrong in thinking the .tv suffix is unique to U.S. TV media? (napstergirl.tv)
    no www.napstergirl.tv is correct i was actually just there... Did you know she auctioned her panties on ebay? I think she has her own sight now www.frankywedge.com

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7