View Poll Results: Should there be a 5-year minimum mandatory sentence for unregistered sex offenders?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yea

12 85.71%
  • Nay

2 14.29%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Sex offenders in the U.S.

Idiot Impaler Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Sex offenders in the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by PsiKnot
    I believe that after doing their time all criminals should be able to re-enter society, after all they did their time, but in some cases like sex offenders we need to monitor their progress or lack thereof. Just to prevent any further occurances. I not saying they need to be monitored as a punishment, we don't need to be rude or cruel about it either but it is still something that needs to be done.
    Right, and there should be no problem with registering as a sex offender if you truly want to reform. It happened, you did it, it's your fault, so deal with the stares and the flyers of your moving into a neighborhood floating around. There's ways to improve your social standing, if that's the problem one has with it. To deal with it, just keep to yourself and make the most of what little is available to you as a convicted felon.
    The Last Remaining Realist.

See Dick Buy Beer, See Dick not Tip, See Dick try again, See Dick Go thirsty. Moral of the Story: Don't be a Dick.

Otaku erisluvsthanatos1313 may be famous one day erisluvsthanatos1313 may be famous one day erisluvsthanatos1313's Avatar
    the lost city of a thousand evil souls, AL
    Thanks

2 me...touchy subject....i feel that they should b completly locked up...same as murderers....but my uncle would b n there....whos call i say.
    Your perfect, just the way you were made, and I wouldn't want you any other way. Those boys will lie to you, but you won't believe that I wouldn't want you any other way.~Body Talk by My Epiphany off Now That's What I Call Eyeball
    Whittney Garrett is, () yeah (), a cow...

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by erisluvsthanatos1313
    2 me...touchy subject....i feel that they should b completly locked up...same as murderers....but my uncle would b n there....whos call i say.
    Even murderers (not all but some) are entitled to parole and salvaging what is left of their life.

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

Idiot Impaler Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by erisluvsthanatos1313
    1. Murderers aren't "completely locked up". My dad was out in 15-16 years.
    2. It's not whether they should be locked up or not, it's just the registration that's the issue here.
    Thanks for your input though.

See Dick Buy Beer, See Dick not Tip, See Dick try again, See Dick Go thirsty. Moral of the Story: Don't be a Dick.

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

Parole is determined by a board. Thats why some get out and some don't. Perhaps even they should be registered? Depending on the circumstance some may be habitual offenders.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PsiKnot
    Parole is determined by a board. Thats why some get out and some don't. Perhaps even they should be registered? Depending on the circumstance some may be habitual offenders.
    Maybe, but the differences between rape and murder, along with any other crime, are too much to apply the registration process to any crime other than rape just because convicted rapists have to do it. The crimes aren't the same at all.

Thanks

I know their different, I was attempting to demonstrate that. In the future I won't use sarcasm as a literal device.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

In my opinion the problem isn't registration but the fact that these crimes are taken to lightly. Sexual preditors may not actually (sometimes) take a life (or they would be charged with murder as well/instead) but they do destroy them. It is my opinion that as a society we value sex so lightly that people who commit crimes with sex are seen as a nusience more then a threat. If such crimes were held to the standard of manslaughter (just under murder) and had corresponding jail times and paroles then there would be less/no need to discuss registration.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast